Distractions

I spent like 3 hours on the edit above for this chapter since pictures normally match whats going on with my story but lately I havent found any pics and I created that one! Yay. Not really. Oh and good news! I had originally planned on updating this chapter months ago. It isn't very good, but the flash aired on my birthday when I was unable to watch it because I was sick. I just watched it last night and I'm really happy with how this season turned out. Thank you all for still reading if you do. 

[Unedited]

"Let's go out. Come on-"

"But what if I dont want to?" Barry pulled Aria out of their bed, planting a small kiss on her head.

"You're going bowling. I'm taking the day 'off' to spend time with you." Barry helped Aria stand and she stood to face him.

"We both know superheroes dont get days off Barry." He was about to kiss her but quickly remembered how she refused to until she had brushed her teeth. She hated the thought of him having to deal with her morning breath.

"Let me get ready okay?" Barry let go of her hand and let her go into the bathroom. He slipped his hand into his jeans pocket, arm brushing up against his flannel. He got his phone and dialed S.T.A.R. Labs.

"Cisco, hi. I was wondering if we could leave crime to the ugh... Police today. Unless there's a real emergency."

"Are you finally taking Aria out?"

"Yeah, I'm going to do it soon."

"He's going to do it!" he heard Caitlin yell from the other end of the line. Barry rolled his eyes and ended the call, deciding Aria would need her morning coffee or tea. He decided to make both and that he would drink whatever she didn't go for. He soon finished making pancakes, knowing how she loved butter. It had been an hour and a half since Barry had left Aria to get ready, he just finishing making the meal. Aria stepped out of the room wearing casual clothes.

"You know Barry, I'm really lucky." She said grabbing the coffee and tea. She took the coffee and put the tea where Barry would be sat.

"And why is that?" He questioned sitting next to her.

"Because I have you." Aria kissed him, Aria leaning over their small table, happier than she had been in a while. They both decided to go bowling later that night, and Aria needed new shoes so they went shopping.

"Oh come on Barry. Ill be five minutes. I already know what I'm getting." She went over and tried on a pair of converse, going through a few until she found a pair that fit. Barry loved Aria, though he just didn't like being around so many people in a place like this. Soon after aria had purchased the shoes.

"See. Didn't take long. Now can we ask Caitlin and Cisco if they want to come." Barry put his hand on his chest and cleared his throat having trouble summoning the courage to say the words. Barry ended up just nodding and rubbing the back of his neck.

"We'd love to!" Barry heard Caitlin's voice through the phone. Aria put up her phone and took Barry's hand. "Pizza?" Barry chuckled and nodded, them both sprinting to the pizza place. Aria took out her phone and checked the weather noticing how dark it was getting outside. Since it was supposed to rain and neither of them owned a car, they decided to stay at the pizza joint for a while.

"Barry I'm happy you took the time off to do this for me but seriously if there is something that comes up-"

"If something comes up, you'll be the fourth person to know since Cisco and Caitlin would know, then telling me as I passed it onto you." Aria giggled at his wording.

"I really like having time for this now, and just so you know im beating you at bowling."

"Oh really? Iris and I used to play all of the time."

"Who do you think taught Iris to bowl?" Barry laughed at her competitiveness.

A couple of hours later Aria, Cisco, Caitlin and Barry were all bowling at their favorite joint.

"Boom!" Aria got a strike as jumped in the air laughing. Caitlin and Cisco were losing by the a lot, the game mainly between Barry and Aria now.

"You know we should get going soon." Barry checked the time on his watch and told Aria.

"Do we have to?" Asked Aria, poking Barry in the stomach and then holding his hands. He smiled widely, Aria looking him deep in the eye. A loud beeping then rang throughout the building, the few others that were in the bowling alley ran out of the place. Cisco, Caitlin, Barry, and Aria stood in their places, hands covering their ears.

"Cisco what is that!" Yelled Aria. He looked around, noticing fog forming near the front of the building. Suddenly the glass of the front door shattered and blew into the building. Barry held onto Aria for two more seconds before running to the entrance to see the problem. He was instantly flown back. Caitlin fell to the ground, screaming as her body quickly slid across the room, now in the girls bathroom. Cisco was dragged into the arcade room, which was out of site. Aria stood and watched as the people she loved were ripped from her side in the blink of an eye. Her instincts told her to help her friends, but her body rushed to where the danger was at it's greatest. She ran to Barry, he was on his feet now, dazed from the blow that had just hit him. Jacob, glass floating around him, seamed to be the very thing Aria feared most. She hadn't seen her half brother in days, though he had betrayed her trust she still cared for him.

Barry was finally up on his feet again, blood shown on his head, tiny droplets now on his shirt. "Who sent you!" Barry was still persistent on the the matter. Glass was then thrown in their direction, Barry using his speed to pick up Aria and carry her across the room.

"Find Cisco and Caitlin." She ran into the men's room, the closest room to her. Cisco laid on the floor passed out, the chances of him having a concussion were high. Then Aria went into the ladies room, Caitlin nowhere is sight. For some reason Aria had expected this, she knew something was happening with her, that the team was effected that night too.

Barry ran to the kid, dodging everything he through at him with ease. After several minutes Barry and the kid were beginning to get warn out. Barry knew this wasn't the real fight, he went up to Jacob and tranquilized him. Something Cisco now made him carry around him at all times. His body now lay on the floor, as if untouched by the evil of this world.

"Well well well. If it isn't Barry Allen? No suit this time?"