22.

Ricky's POV

Later on that day

Warning: there will be alcoholism and self harm in this chapter, please don't read if you're easily triggered.
-

I put the bottle back to my lips and took yet another big chug of the bitter tasting liquid. I'm turning into a lovesick alcoholic. Am I willing to admit that I'm obsessed with Rebecca? No.

I wish there was some way that I can change the past. I just want to be able to call her mine again.

It's only been like two weeks but I can't bring myself to even try to get over Rebecca. She was quick to get over me, why can't I do the same?

My phone began to ring.

I pressed ignore and took another swig of my jäger. This shit tasted like shit- well not shit, but pretty close, it tasted like cough syrup.

My phone rang again.

I didn't hesitate to press ignore.

I didn't feel like taking phone calls, so I just shut off my phone.

I took the final swig of the bottle of liquor. New personal record. I finished a bottle of alcohol in thirty minutes.

That's not something to be proud of.

I'm developing a problem again. I've done nothing but drink since I got sent home from practice after I beat up Ryan.

I set the bottle down and it fell over as soon as I set it down. The glass shattered into thousands of pieces.

I picked up a piece of glass and swiped it across my forearm. The pain was unbearable but I wanted to do it more.

I made three more cuts as the blood trickled out of my arm. I went deeper with each cut.

I took off my shirt and held it to my arm with as much pressure as I could to stop the bleeding. I'm ruining my favorite shirt, but do I care? No. Will I care when I'm sober? Probably.

I took the shirt off my arm and went my kitchen, I ran my arm under warm water to wash off the blood that was beginning to dry, causing it to be sticky.

I grabbed some paper towels and wrapped it around my arm and secured the redneck bandaid with duct tape.

I'll clean up the glass later.

I went to my room and decided to take a nap.