One

Dec. 15 10:11 pm

"Miss Green; may I call you Desiree?" Desiree nods. "I know these past few months have been hell for you but do you think you can possibly recall anything you remember from your abduction?" Agent Brooks, the 23 year old woman speaks. She was fresh meat on the agency so this case, her very first one, could make or break her. She was following it since the beginning. She was thinking that she would never see the young woman again.

Boy was she wrong.

Desiree sighs heavily already remembering the day like it was yesterday. The memories she tried to surpress all flooding back.

***

July 9 9:52 pm

Desiree's POV

"Bartender another round over here?" my best friend Tara yells from next to me. I give her a full grin. We've been celebrating my birthday. I grant you it's not until tomorrow but Tara can't celebrate it with me tomorrow because she's going to be going on a family vacation to a funeral along with family bonding time. Her family is pretty weird. In other words, she can't back out of it.

The bartender drops off two more shots before helping out another customer.

"To your birthday tomorrow kid!" she toasts holding the tiny glass filled with liquor in the air. "Sorry I won't be there," she pouts. I grab mine and hold it up, spilling a little. I chuckle.

"Its alright T. You don't have to worry. Tomorrow I'll get myself wasted enough that it'll count for both me and you!"

We nod and down the shot.

It burns going down my throat but it adds to the already fuzzy feeling of euphoria. This drunk felt different, but a better different. More relaxing.

This will not go well in the morning I know for sure.

After a few more drinks I decide that I should head home. I'm staying with my parents again now that I've graduated. Just need to get my own place now. They would hate for me to come in late. I'm not known for it.

"You sure you don't want me to take you home?" Tara asks pulling on her jacket.

"You're barely eligible to drive. You're going to call a taxi and go home. I'm going to walk home. I'll be fine," I try to assure her.

"That's dangerous let me at least walk with you."

"No! No!" I stumble a bit standing from my bar stool. "My house is just down the street. I'll text you when I get home," I nod at her. She hugs me tightly and gives me a kiss on the cheek.

"See you in two weeks!"

"Bye!"

I trudge out of the bar into the crisp, cold night. I didn't remember it being this cold when we got to the bar earlier about 2pm. I look up at the sky as rain droplets fall onto my face. I sling my hood onto my head.

The night sky looks purple and grey and there's lightening flashing in a non-pattern way. Thunder cracks and I shove my hands into my hoodie pocket walking along the sidewalk. I know I'm drunk when I stumble over my own feet but my home isn't that far. I can make it.

A black Audi rides up on me from the other side of the street. I slow down my walk as they roll down the passenger window. It's dark so I can't really see the person's face.

"Hey do you need a lift?"

Mama didn't raise a fool.

"Uh no I'm fine."

"C'mon it's raining and it's cold. I'll take you straight home." I look down the street my house is almost in view. "Here look I'll let you look at my face to assure you I'm not a creep," the man says. He turns on one of the inside lights. It illuminates the drivers side and I can see who the guy is. He's got really long hair and he's wearing a white shirt. His face is beautiful and his smile is so cheeky and innocent.

"Uhmm I really shouldn't."

My inner conscience starts telling me that I can trust him. Maybe it was his smile or the fact he seemed so trustworthy. Or maybe it was my body trying to find a quicker way to relax and I couldn't understand why I'm not able to wake myself up.

"No offense but you seem kind of drunk too. Look I'm just trying to help honestly, I don't want any trouble."

I look in the direction of my house and back at the Audi. I guess this is fine. He seems harmless and at least he's not old. He looks about my age.

"Alright," I answer. He gives me a bright smile as I walk across the street and get into the passenger side. A blast of heat presses itself upon me. I take my hood off and strap in my seat belt. I let out a yawn and my eye lids start to get heavy. I can't possibly be crashing now. "My house is uh back that way," I slur. He nods and continues driving in the wrong direction. "Hey uhm dude... my house..." I lean my head back onto his seat. My surroundings dimming out. What is he doing? "Dude..." I need to stay awake.

I try to keep my eyes open but to no avail.

I pass out in this strangers car.

**EDITED**