One - Arguements

Romeo

It's been two weeks since we found out I had cancer. I've been really weak. Not to mention the physical bullying at school.

"D-Dad, I-I can't g-go today," I groan as he tries to get me up for school.

He sighs, sitting on the edge of my bed. "Why not?" He rubs my shoulder. My breathing hitches as my eyes water. "Hey, hey, hey! Buddy, calm down. I won't make you go. You just have to tell me why," he rubs my cheek.

"B-Br-Brennan," I choke out.

He furrows his eyebrows. "What about this 'Brennan' kid?" Before I could answer, I grab the garbage next to me and throw up. "Honey!" He yells.

Mom comes rushing into the room. "My poor baby," she rubs my back as I puke into the garbage can.

"He's staying home," dad whispers to her.

"Why, baby? What's happening at school?" She asks as I wipe off my mouth with my forearm.

"Bren-Brennan ke-keeps.." I gulp as I shake my head.

Mom wraps her arms around me as dad rubs my back. "We have to go get your siblings up. But we'll be back up here in a half an hour, okay?" She kisses my forehead.

I nod, holding my stomach as they walk out. I lay down, pulling the covers over me. I curl into a ball before falling asleep.

~~

"Ross, I can't wake him up!" I hear mom whisper/yell.

Dad replies, "babe, he's been sleeping all day. It's almost midnight and be hasn't eaten. He needs to go to the hospital tomorrow to start chemo therapy and we don't want it to look like we starve the poor boy!"

"Go away," I growl as I bury my head into the pillow.

Mom sits next to me with a sigh. "Come eat, baby."

I shake my head. "I'm not a baby!" I yell. "I'm not hungry and I'm never moving from here again! I don't need stupid chemo! I just want this all to end! No more pity for me, no more not being able to move, nothing! I'm not moving!" I scream at my parents.

Someone else walks into my room. "R-Romeo?" Skylar walks over to me. "Pl-please don't yell at mom and dad. They're try-trying to help you get better. We can't lose you," she cries out. I allow her to crawl under the blanket with me. "Will you come eat some food with me?" She pleads.

"I can't move, Sky. It hurts too much," I whimper.

She sits up, pulling the blanket away from my face. "Daddy, can you get Romeo downstairs."

Dad nods before carrying me downstairs. Mom makes Skylar and I some cereal. "C-Can I just stay on the couch?" I whisper to my parents.

They both nod. "I think we're going to move your room into the office and move the office upstairs. It'll be easier during chemo," dad says as tears stream down his face.