Arrested

"Nanami get up it is time for school." Shouted Tomoe as he pulled the covers from her. Nanami shot up and grabbed the cover and tried to pull it back on herself.

"I told you not to do that and plus it's still Sunday!" She shouted. Tome's grip loosened and Nanami managed to get the blanket from him.

"It is?" Nanami looked up at him from her warm bed.

"Your really out of it. If only Hikari knew how much you missed her. I bet she would be really happy." Tomoe huffed and turned away from her.

"Hurry up and get dressed. You have things to do."

"Hey what's this?" Nanami asked reaching for a blue flower that fell from Tomoe's robes. It was cold in her hands as it was incased in ice but the ice seemed to make the flower more beautiful. Tomoe turned and grabbed the flow from her hands.

"Do not touch this!" He shouted at he angrily.

"Tomoe...is that Hikari's ice?" She asked him sitting up now fully awake. Tomoe looked at the flower in his hands and smiled.

"It is. She gave this to me as a promise that she would return." Nanami smiled at the thought. Hikari could be so romantic when she wanted to be and the look of Tomoe's face as her thought of her was adorable. It did hurt Nanami sometimes that Tomoe was in love with her best friend but she was happy for Hikari. Like she said before, Hikari always see,ed to lonely. Nanami got why that was now. Why she pushed all mean away, she simply didn't want to fall in love because of what happened in her past. Now she had fallen for Tomoe and Nanami could see that she was truly happy. Before she left Nanami could see that Hikari had changed, she seemed warmer than she was before. More caring and happy and it made Nanami happy that her friend wasn't lonely. Then it clicked in Nanami's mind...

"Wait she gave you a going away present but not me?!?" She shouted angrily jumping up. "That girl is gonna hear it from me when she gets back." Then there was a loud knock on the shrine door which made Nanami pause in her thoughts. "Is that Hikari?" She said.

"No Hikari wouldn't knock." Said Tomoe walking off. Nanami's mind travelled back to when she met Ryuu just before his death, when his friend turned up and knocked on the door. She had asked the same thing and he had said the same thing to her. Nanami quickly followed Tomoe to the front door, now wanting to know why it was. Tomoe stood in front of her incase it was an attack and Nanami stood on her tip toes to looks over his shoulder. Mizuki and the shrine spirits also came out of the room to see what was going on. Tomoe glared at the two people before him. They were both male, in kimono's but they wore mask so they couldn't see their faces. One of the men pulled out a scroll and opened it.

"It is Ookuninushi order that we come to restrain the monster that is said to be residing in this shrine."

"What monster? There are no monsters here." Said Nanami.

"The arctic fox that goes by the name of Hikari. She is here is she not?"

"No she is not and even if she were we would not hand her over to you." Said Tomoe threateningly.

"Now fox do not say such things. You fogett that you are wanted too and of you were not serving a God you two would share the same fate. The day you stop being a familiar is the day you are executed."

"Executed? You want to kill Hikari?" Shouted Nanami getting scared for her friend.

"We do indeed. She is a danger to everyone and the number of crimes she has committed and numerous. It is time that this monster was silenced once and for all."

"But that was a long time ago. Hikari is different now, she wouldn't kill anyone." Whinged Nanami.

"It does not matter, you cannot change the past. Tell me where I can find this monster?" He demanded.

"Why don't you take a look behind you?" Said the cold voice of Hikari from behind them. Everyone turned to face her.

"Hikari!" Said Nanami feeling happy to see her friend. Tomoe stayed still. What he really wished to do was take her in his arms but right now that was not possible. The masked man turned back to his scroll.

"You are here by under arrest for the murder of thousands of people, theft, violating the Gods on countless occasions, the distraction of homes and the murder of the God Tajimamori." The other man that was with the man reading the scroll came to chain Hikari up. To which she did not resist.

"In my defence I do not believe that you can call yokai people and Tajimamori wouldn't have attacked me if she wished to live. It was she that drew first blood not I."

"Either way you still killed her."

"If I didn't she would have killed me."

"What a blessing to the world that would have been. Perhaps then not as many lives would have been lost." Hikari smiled at him but her smile was without amusement.

"I don't know I mean you Gods always complain about what trouble yokai are and then when one comes along and does all the dirty work for you, by killing them herself you consider that yokai a mass murder and want her killed. If you think about it I was actually doing you guys a huge favour."

"Perhaps what you say is true but even so your power is too great and you are too monstrous to be left alive."

"I see so the Gods are scared out of their minds by me. Tell me how many of them wet themselves after they found out I was alive?" The man that put the hand cuffs on her punched her in the face making her bleed a little. Tomoe's hands burst into flames.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you fox." Said the man holding the scroll. "It would be dangerous for you. Come we must go." He said walking past Hikari who glared at him. Her eyes then laid on Nanami and Tomoe.

"I guess I let you down Nanami. I couldn't protect you until the day you died and Tomoe...I'm so sorry. Perhaps you and I can met again in the afterlife one day. Maybe then this cruel world will give us a break and we can be together..."