The monster within

Hikari sighed and walked to her next lesson by herself. Nanami was with Tomoe, they were going to a different class. Hikari hated being parted from Nanami but for english they were placed in different classes so it couldn't be helped. It was the only lesson however that they were parted. Hikari had trued to get the teachers to let her stay in Nanami's class but they had refused. Hikari walked around the buildings but stopped when she was pit of view of the crowd. She dropped the books she held in her arms and grabbed her infected arm. Her skin crawled as it grew and it burned like acid under her skin. She bit her lip to stop from screaming and leant against the school building wall. She didn't want to attract attention. After a minute of agonising pain it subsided and she took several deep breaths, calming herself down. She sighed heavily and moved to pick up her books when she heard someone come around the corner. Leant against the wall she saw Kurama stood there with a sly smile on his face.

"What do you want?" She said feeling defensive.

"You just look like you were in pain. Is your arm alright?"

"It's perfectly fine I just pulled a muscle." Kurama got up from the wall and came closer to her. Hikari but her right foot back ready to take action if he did anything she didn't like but of course without her powers she was almost useless against a monster like him. Kurama brought his hand up and touched her face. Hikari didn't flinch, she didn't move she only glared at him. "I believe I told you yesterday not to touch me."

"Yes but that was yesterday today you might feel differently."

"I can assure that my feelings towards a repulsive man like you." Kurama moved closer to her. He could feel her cold temperature and rigid body. He was so close her her that she could feel his warm breath on her un naturally cold cheek. Even at his closeness her face remained emotionless, no blush appeared there was nothing.

"Being called repulsive by such an attractive woman hurts you know?"

"Then I suppose the saying is right. The truth hurts." Kurama got a little angry. He grabbed her wrists and pushed her against the school wall. Her feet were barely touching the ground but even then she didn't look at all fazed. Kurama had to know of she was what he thought she was. It annoyed him that he didn't know. She was a mystery and one he wanted to figure out. It annoyed him that Tomoe already had the heart of Nanami, he didn't want that fox to have Hikari's as well.

"I know what you are." He said hing that it might throw her off but it didn't have the affect he wanted it too.

"Do you really?" She asked with an evil glint in her eyes at made Kurama think twice about being that close to her. "Then tell me, what am I?"

"You Hikari the famous wild arctic fox. You destroyed towns and killed relentlessly. A yokai that even the Gods feared. It's true isn't it?" Hikari seemed to think for a minute.

"What if I said yes? Would you be scared then? Would you run away?" The look in her eyes seemed pure evil. Kurama let go of her and stepped backwards. Hikari fell to the floor and knelt looking at the floor.

"I thought I told you that I would not let you harm my Mistress' best friend." Said Tomoe appearing and standing in front of Hikari who was still on the floor.

"That girl, you say she might not hurt Nanami but I would say think again. The look in her eyes then was something that would kill her own best friend."

"Perhaps but you were the one to aggravate her. If you had ended up dead it would have been entirely your fault."

"I wouldn't trust her." He said before turning and leaving. He wouldn't trust her but that didn't stop the fact that he was attracted to her. After he left Tomoe turned to Hikari.

"Are you alright?"

"I'm fine." She said. Tomoe held his hand out towards her. She looked at it and then up at him. She sighed and got up by herself ignoring Tomoe's extended hand. "I can get up by myself. I didn't need you to step in."

"Kurama isn't human. He is a Tengu who ran away from his home. He is much more powerful than a human, he could kill you in a instant. I suggest being more careful." Hikari moved to pick up her books.

"Thanks for the warning I'll take it into consideration." She said returning to her old self. She turned and walked off. She needed to calm down for a moment she had lost herself. She had become like the yokai she never wanted to be again. She had seen the terror on Kurama's face. As this infection was spreading she was clearly becoming more like her old self. If this really did get any worse and Nanami was in danger she might have to leave forever...