A library chat

"What is it that you called me here for Tengu?" Said Tomoe a little annoyed. They were sat in the libary of the school but the could not see any if that. The two were surrounded by darkness. Both in kimono's with Kurama's black wings behind him and Tomoe smoking a pipe elegantly. They had done this before, when Kurama had warned Tomoe about Nanami's feeling for him.

"It's about Hikari."

"What about her?"

"You must have noticed that the girl is not human."

"The thought crossed my mind but then again what else could she be? She looks human enough, she has no magic and she is as weak as a human."

"I would not say that she is weak. If she had squeezed only a fraction harder yesterday she would have snapped my hand in two, whats worse is that she seemed to be in knowledge of this action."

"Perhaps if she had broken your had we would all be better off. Are you trying to suggest to me that Nanami's best friend might indeed yokai?"

"I don't see what else she could be. Do you remember the stories of Hikari the arctic fox?"

"I do. It is said that she was the most powerful yokai to ever live. She was merciless and killed everything that came in her path. She was feared but yokai and Gods alike, but this Hikari cannot possible be the same one. That monster died thousands of years ago."

"It is said she died but no one is certain. What can be powerful enough to kill someone like Hikari? It just isn't right."

"I see, the human form she posses could be the work of a God. Nanami has changed a yokai into a human before and Mikage did the same a few times but I am aware of a more ancient spell. One that only very few Gods know, one that is much more permanent as long as they do not use their black magic that is."

"If we put her in a position that she is not comfortable with she might have to use her black magic."

"I cannot allow that. She is the best friend of my Lady in Mistress and she is currently living at the Mikage shrine. She is under my protection I will not allow any harm to come to her."

"Relax fox it's not like I'm going to attack the girl just aggravate her a little. You have seen her dislike for men perhaps I will use that."

"Just because she is not screaming over you does not mean that she has a dislike for men. It simply means that she is wise enough not to let her heart fall for the likes of you."

"If you believe it is just me why do you not try and win her heart?"

"I have no use for the heart of a useless human girl."

"Of course not because you already have Nanami's."

"If we are done here I will take my leave. I have no desire to spend any more time with someone like you."

"You are not the only one there." Said Kurama. "But think about what I have said. There may be truth behind it and if there is it makes you questions what someone like that would want with a human girl like Nanami. If anything should happen to your Lady in mistress it would not look good on you now would it?" They library came back into view and the two took back to their human forms. The opened the door to find a group of girls trying to get into the library that the two had locked to have their secret meeting.

"Excuse us." Said Tomoe as the two began to walk down the hall, leaving the girls to blush at the sight if the two together.

"Of course if you want neither the heart if Nanami or Hikari I will have them both."

"Absolutely not. I will not allow Nanami to fall for some like you."

"Ah, so I can have Hikari?"

"As long as you do not hurt her Ido not care but it is not like you could get a girl like that in the first place."

"I'm the famous Kurama I doubt the girl will be able to resist my charms much longer."

"Hikari is smart and even if she was a yokai the same from the stories I doubt that she will lift a finger against her. She genuinely cares for her she would make a great familiar..." He said quietly with a smile. It was clear to Kurama who had witnessed the fond way Tomoe spoke of her that he was starting to develop feelings for the girl already...