To cold for a beach

"Is it a little cold outside today Hikari?" Asked Isobe with a annoying smile. It was not paten he found fault in Hikari, she was always picking on him because he was always picking on Nanami but today she was wearing a needless scarf when he wasn't even that cold outside.

"I think that it would be wise for you to shut up." She said. There was danger in her eyes making Isobe back off quickly.

"I have to ask Hikari, why are you wearing a scarf?" Asked Nanami.

"I was simply a little cold this morning. That is all." She said feeling the gaze of Tomoe.

"I hope your not coming down with something." Said Nanami worriedly.

"Don't worry I'm not. Just a little cold."

"Okay good. I was worried that you might not be able to come tomorrow." She said with a warm smile. Hikari needed to get put of going tomorrow some how. She could not go to the beach, she would have to wear a swim suit and if she did that the infection on the right side of her body would be on full show.

"Nanami, Hikari." Called a small voice as a strawberry haired girl ran into the room and threw herself at both Nanami and Hikari. Kei appeared behind Ami but still on her phone.

"Good morning Ami." Said Hikari.

"Hey guys." Nanami greeted them.

"Are you excited about the beach tomorrow?" She asked with a face full of joy.

"I am. There will be fireworks right?" Asked Nanami as the two leaned there heads closer together.

"Yeah and the water will feel great."

"We won't be going in the water." Said Hikari.

"What? Why?" Said Ami and Nanami together in whinny tones.

"It's almost winter, it will be cold and if you play in it you may catch a cold."

"I'm not going to the beach and not getting in the water." Said Kei speaking for the first time. "It's not that cold and plus the beach is the perfect place to pick up boys."

"Your the only one that is going to do that." Said Hikari angrily.

"Hikari we have to go in the water, it's not that cold." Said Nanami.

"Your the only one here wearing a scarf when it's like 18 degrees outside." Said Kei. "And before you even think it I'm not walking around with someone in a bathing suit. You guys are wearing bikini's end of discussion."

"I don't even have one of those." Said Hikari.

"That's fine I have the perfect one for you. Oh yeah and I forgot to tell you that there is this guy in our class that keeps asking us to ask you to go out with him." Said Kei to Hikari.

"Well you can tell him no. I have no interest in dating." This comment stung Tomoe a little, he was confused as to why. It almost felt like he was being rejected. Maybe what Mizuki had said that morning was right. Maybe he was falling for Hikari. There was screaming coming from the hall but it was happy and excited fangirl screaming.

"Guess Kurama is back in school." Said Ami with a smile. Just as she said the the door to their classroom opened and Kurama entered with a little hair flick which sent the crowd of girls following him wild.

"Morning ladies." He said the the four girls, but he completely ignored Tomoe.

"Hey Kurama." Said Ami with a large blush on her face. She clearly had a thing for him. Nanami didn't look all the happy that he was there and neither did Hikari, remembering what he had done to her the day before. Kei didn't even look up from her phone, she didn't seem to care that a world wide famous pop star was stood right in front of her. Kurama noticed the purple scarf around Hikari's neck and smiled leaning closer to her.

"What's this?" He asked tugging at it gently with a seductive voice.

"It's a scarf. Are you really that stupid that you don't know what a scarf is?"

"Would you by any chance by hiding something underneath it?"

"Weather I am or not is none of your concern."

"Of course it's not. Just having another fox to deal with it annoying for me."

"You do know then, if you know what I am then why get so close. Do you not worry that I will kill you?"

"I'm not stupid. I know that if you want to keep that human form you cannot use your black magic. Meaning your really are as weak and hopeless as a real human."

"I wouldn't be so sure that I am weak. You yourself are weak for a Tengu and could have easily crushed your hand yesterday." The fact the she had called him weak made him back away from her. How could she know something like that? Was it that obvious? It was true that he was weak for his kind. He always had been, by the age of six he still could not fly like the other children. His wings were small and weak then when he turned 12 he was badly injured. After he recovered her fled the mountain and continue to live in the human world for the next 16 years. A lot had changed since then and he had grown so that is was near enough impossible for anyone to tell of his past weakness. One thing was for sure. That Hikari was indeed the same from the stories and she was just as powerful and scary as she was said to be. She was dangerous and yet the she still attracted everyone around, made then trust her but then again maybe that was all just a deploy so she can kill them when they least expect it...