A date

Hikari sighed and leant back against the wall at school. They had finished for the day and Tomoe had insisted that he had to go to the bathroom but he was taking forever. Most of the kids had already gone home now. Eventually Hikari heard him coming out of the toilets.

"Finally, you know how strange it must have looked to see Nanami go into the boys ba..." She stopped talking when she saw that Tomoe was no longer disguised as Nanami. He was himself again, dressed in a traditional kimono. "What are you doing?"

"I refuse to dress as Nanami any more. School is finished so I can return to my normal form."

"Why go to the trouble? We will walk home and then you could have changed."

"Actually I was thinking that you and I could go into town for a while."

"What? Nanami is at home sick we have to get back as soon as possible."

"Yes but she said she would be fine since as the snake is there."

"And since when have you trusted him to do anything?"

"I never said I trusted him I just believe that we should leave him to look after her a little while longer. He never does anything around the shrine anyway." Hikari sighed at him and Tomoe pulled out a fan from his kimono and opened it.

"Cut to the chase Tomoe. What is your real reason for unexpectedly wanting to go into town?"

"Alright I will admit that I have enjoyed today more than I care to let on. I have liked having the opportunity to be alone with you all day long. Can you blame me for not wanting it to end just yet?"

"I suppose you are right." In truth Hikari had very much enjoyed to day as well.

"I did not think that you would enjoy going on a date with me while I was disguised as Nanami."

"D-date?" Hikari questions him.

"Is that what a date is? When two people that like each other go to do something fun together, alone." Hikari blushed.

"Okay...it's a date then..."

Hikari and Tomoe weaved in between the other people on the streets. It seemed packed today, there were people everywhere. Hikari moved in front of Tomoe and they moved together. Tomoe slowly began to loose sight of Hikari and he panicked slightly. He grabbed her hand and pulled her back with force making her slam into his chest. Tomoe did not let go of her hand and brought his free one up to left her face up so he could look into her eyes.

"What are you doing? We're in the middle of the street."

"Hikari...never leave my sight. I do not want to be separated from you, even for a second." As he said his he slowly began to lower his head towards Hikari and closed his eyes. Hikari's whole body tingled, anticipating what was to come. Was she ready for that? Would she hurt him? She was scared, she didn't want this to go wrong. Tomoe stopped moving closer to her and opened his eyes with a worried look in his eyes. "You are trembling." He said and Hikari noticed that he was right.

"I'm scared Tomoe. I don't want to hurt you."

"I understand. You still are not ready but please do not make me wait much longer. I know that I said I would wait forever and I would but it is becoming harder to control myself when I am around you."

"You must learn to control that, just as I must learn to control my black magic. Only then do we have a chance of being together but even them we must never fully loose control. You understand that don't you?"

"I do."

"Okay then let's go." She said pulling away from him. She tried to pull her hand from his grasp but he would not let it go. She sighed and turned to look at him. "Tomoe..." She began but was cut off.

"Do not let go. If you do I might go something reckless after all." He said with a sly smile. Hikari turned and pulled him along, not letting him see her smile...