A beautiful sight

After they returned home Sunday came and went in a flash. It was still weird for Nanami, to see her best friend walking around with ears and a tail. She had noticed the Hikari seemed sad since they could back. She was distant and she went most of her time outside in the garden. In truth Hikari had been struggling to control her powers. The tingling sensation in her fingertips would not leave. Hikari groaned in her sleep on Monday morning and rolled over onto her side. Her head was resting on something very hard. It was strange, like a rock, was she outside? No she remembered she had fallen asleep on a pillow in her room. It was cold as well, freezing cold. That didn't bother Hikari. Being the reincarnation of a arctic fox she loved the cold. She felt at home, winter was the month in which she thrived. Hikari's eyes fluttered open and she sleepily looked around her room. It was covered in blue ice. Hikari immediately jumped up and looked around. Everything was frozen over, covered in a thick layer of ice. Hikari nervously hair her hands through her long white hair. What was she going to do? What if the whole shrine was like this?

"Hikari I thought I heard you awaken. Is everything alright?" Asked Tomoe from outside. Tomoe...he would be able to unfreeze her room with his fox fire. Hikari opened her sliding door but not a lot, just enough to pull Tomoe through it. When he was through he looked at her angrily but when he was her scared expression his gaze softened.

"Tomoe...please help me." She said softly. Tomoe looked around her room, noticing that it was covered in ice.

"What happened?"

"It must have happened while I slept. I froze my room over. Yesterday...I was struggling to control myself. It would seem that because I have not used my black magic in so long that they have become alien to me. I cannot control them...what should I do?"

"You should stay calm. Panicking will not help anyone." Tomoe moved closer to her and gently grabbed her wrist. Hikari backed away slightly, unsure of his intentions. Tomoe simply moved even closer and held her hand out in front of her. "You created this ice, you can unfreeze it. Just calm down and melt it." Tomoe was so close. Hikari could feel his heat and his strong body. Blood began to rush to her face, her heart was beating uncontrollably.

"I cannot possibly calm down when you are in such a close proximity." She said quietly. She shocked herself with her words.she did not mean to say such a thing out loud. Tomoe smiled slyly at her and moved his face down to met hers. His lips brushed against her cheek.

"I did not know that I had this effect on you." His voice was soft and warm it made Hikari feel like she was melting. "Ah, the ice is starting to melt." Said Tomoe looking around her room. Hikari didn't bother to look at the melting ice, instead she stayed close to Tomoe, looking at his chest not wanting to reveal her blushing face to him. What was this? Her chest was painful, she felt a little dizzy but she wanted to stay close to Tomoe...forever. "Hikari are you alright?"

"Yes, yes I'm fine." She said pulling herself out of his grip and putting a fair amount of distance between them. Tomoe hadn't wanted her to leave so soon, he wanted to hold he for longer. Her checks were slightly red, was she blushing?

"You seem to be hot and bothered. Come take a walk with me outside to cool down." He said holding out his hand to her. Hikari studied his extended hand. She wanted to take it but at the same time she didn't. She looked at the floor but still she felt herself very slowly placing her delicate hand into Tomoe's. He smiled and led her outside but he never let go off her hand. "The sun is rising." Said Tomoe stopping in the garden with Hikari by his side. Hikari looked up at the rising sun, it was always a beautiful sight. Tomoe however was looking at something far more beautiful than the sun rise. He was watching as Hikari's icy blue eyes lit up as she watched the sight before her.

"It's beautiful." Said Hikari.

"It is but I can think of things far more beautiful." He said quietly still watching her. A slight frown formed on Hikari's face.

"Like what? What do you think is more beautiful then the sun rise?" She asked him. Tomoe panicked slightly, he could not say that he had meant her. He quickly looked around and saw a blue flower growing in the flower patch. He picked it and showed it to her.

"This flower, it is beautiful is it not?" Hikari looked at it.

"Yes it is beautiful." Tome moved and he gently placed it in Hikari's white hair. Hikari it him do this without complaint.

"It goes well with your eyes." He said looking at her. Hikari smiled at him.

"Thank you...Tomoe."