Glad your here...

Hikari threw back the sliding door to Nanami's room to find Mizuki sat by a sleeping Nanami. He smiled at her as she entered.

"Welcome back Hikari." He said warmly.

"How is she?" She replied worried about her friend.

"She's doing okay. Just a little sleepy. How was your day with Tomoe?" He asked. A small blush formed on Hikari's cheeks.

"It was okay. He's in the kitchen making soup for Nanami."

"Hikari?" Said Nanami yawning and opening her eyes.

"Hey Nanami, how are you feeling?" She asked as Mizuki got up and left knowing that after what they had witnessed that day that Nanami would have a lot to say to her friend. Hikari took to Mizuki's place kneeling down beside Nanami's bed. Fully waking up Nanami saw her friend and immediately threw her arms around Hikari's neck. Hikari hugged her back but she was more than a little confused at her actions.

"Nanami what's wr..."

"I glad your here Hikari. Thank you fir saving me from those people on those years. Thank you for always keeping your promise and protecting me."

"Nanami what are you talking about? You were but a small child you could not possibly remember that."

"Mizuki showed me."

"Showed you?"

"He owns a time incense burner. Something that allows you to go back into the past. I travelled today, through your past and I travelled back to that night."

"But I am aware that time travelling is forbidden."

"It is but Mizuki lets me do it because I am a God. It's different for me but it still takes a lot out of me. Making me feel weak." Nanami said letting go of her friends neck and sitting up in her bed. "I lied to you this morning. I was not ill, I faked it to get some time to go back into your past."

"Why would you do such a reckless thing in the first place?"

"To help you. You have been struggling to control your powers. You have been practising day and night and you do not seem to be any happier. I thought that if I travelled back in time I could find out who the Hod was that gave you your human form. Then when we came back I could find that God again and get you another human form. It was all I could do to help you and after everything you have done for me I decided that I needed to do it but I didn't find what I was looking for. I will return to the past thought and this time I'll fond him for sure."

"Nanami...thank you for your efforts but there is really no need. I do not wish to gain another human form."

"Really? Why?"

"One of my top priorities is to protect you and well my human form was capable of doing that that was only when we were in the human world. Now that you have entered my world I need to be able to use my black magic to protect you from future yokai threats. This form is much better for doing that. I do however understand that while I cannot control my black magic I am just as a threat to you as any other yokai and you are right. I am unhappy because nothing I do seems to be working." Hikari's expression became very sad and she looked at the floor. "If you travelled to my past...did you see...?" She didn't need to finish for Nanami to know what she was talking about.

"I didn't see exactly what happened but I was on the mountain. Ryuu invited us into the house for a drink when his old friend Lira came around. Mizuki and I left shortly after that, Mizuki was the one to work out what happened next. I saw you arrive and enter the house and then everything froze over and there was a massive snow blizzard from the sky."

"I see so Lira was the name of that woman...I never knew that. What did you think of Ryuu?"

"He was really kind. I wanted to save him but Mizuki told me that I couldn't. He said to save him would mean that I never would have met you and that I might have died that night you saved me because you were not there."

"Yes he was right to tell you that. The past is the past Nanami, it should not be changed, even by a God. Although my past might not be all joy and sunshine I am happy that it happened. Without those experiences I never would have become the person I am today and I would not be here at this shrine. I am more happy with you and everyone that lives under this roof than I have been since Ryuu was alive. I finally found my happiness again and I do not wish to give it up. I must confess that I too have deceive you Nanami and for that I am sorry."

"What? When?"

"I told you that I went to vistit my sick Grandma. You may guessed by now that that was a lie, yokai do not have such things as Grandmas."

"Then where did you go?"

"I went to Mamorinogami the peach God for help on my ever spreading infection. He makes peach pills, said to have the power to cure anything but even they could not stop the death of my human form. Instead he told me that when the time came to regain my human form things might be different. He told me that because of the way I feel about you, a human I might be saved from the black puts I once suffered from. He informed me that loving a creature so much weaker than myself might be the key to stopping them and I am glad to say that his theory was right. I have not had a single black out since I returned to my yokai form and I have you to thank for that."

"I'm glad your here Hikari and that your...you." Said Nanami with a smile.

"I'm too Nanami." Said Hikari smiling back but then her face became very serious again. "Listen these past few days I've been thinking, me not being able to control my powers is a large problem. It puts everyone at risk. I cannot protect you when I myself am such a large threat to your life. So I propose that I leave for a little while. I will of course return but I know of someone that will be able to help me get a handle on my powers once more. I will go to them and once I have got a hold of them again I will return as soon as I can."

"Hikari you don't have to leave."

"I do, I really do. I do not know how long exactly I will be gone but I know that Tomoe and Mizuki will protect you while I cannot. I will return, I'm not leaving forever. I do not wish to become human again but...I cannot live in this state. I feel pathetic. Hikari, the once very powerful arctic fox yokai can no longer control her own black magic. I cannot begin to explain how ridiculous that sounds to me."

"If you really have to go then fine as long as you come back but what about Tomoe..?" She said trailing off. Hikarki sighed remembering what he said to her that afternoon, 'I do not want to be separated from you, even for a second.' Why did he have to say something like that? His words cut her deep, he said it just as she was thinking of leaving.

"I know. I do not know if I should tell him at all or simply just leave, but of course that seems cruel and he will be more than mad at me when I return. Either way this has to be done, the sooner I leave the sooner I can return. I will leave tonight when it is dark. I'll seek away without a sound, I just hope I do not hurt him to much..."