Leaving

When it was pitch black outside Hikari made her move. She had put on a blue kimono with white swirls on it and her hair was down. Looking in the mirror she looked like the old Hikari did, but without the evil look in her eyes. This was going to be difficult. To find the one she was looking for she had to enter the 'world over Yonda.' A place where many thought she was dead and many others would hate to find out that she was alive. She had her way down the dark steps towards the exit of the Makage shrine.

"Where are you going at such a late hour?" Said a voice Hikari recognised instantly. Tomoe.

"I hope that I would not see you until I returned. I am leaving for a period of time, to regain control of my powers."

"Leaving, even after I told you that I did want to be separated from you."

"When you said those words early...I knew that I was going to leave. I just couldn't bring myself to tell you." Tomoe walked up from behind her and stood in front of her instead.

"Where is it that you are going?"

"The 'world over Yonda.'"

"That's a rather dangerous place for you to return to."

"I know but I know of someone there that can help me."

"A friend?"

"Most certainly not. She is simply someone that is indebted to me and obliged to help when I call." Tomoe didn't really seem to be listening to her, instead he was looking her up and down.

"Such a beautiful kimono you leave me in. It is a shame that I will not be one to gaze upon you while you wear it for longer."

"Perhaps when I come back I can put another one on for you."

"I once knew a man who said he was simply going into town and he has not been back in 20 years."

"You speak of Mikage?" Tomoe stayed silent giving Hikari her the answer. "I can imagine that when something like that happens it's painful but I will not leave like that. I will come back."

"You planned to leave without giving me a far well so how can I be sure?"

"You make a good point, alright." Said Hikari reaching inside her kimono for something. What she pulled out was a small flower incase in frosting. "Do you remember what this is?" She asked him.

"It is the flower I gave you the morning you and I watched the sun rise together." Hikari smiled at him, remembering the fond memory.

"That's right."

"Why have you in cased it in frosting?" He asked her holding the cold flower delicately.

"Frosting holds a magic of it's own. During winter the flower who are incased in this frosting can live through the harshest winters. Think of it as the flower is frozen in time, it never ages and I can keep it forever."

"You wish too keep something like this forever?"

"Of course I do. It was a present for the one I love. I never planned to let it out of my sight but for now I will return it to you. It is my promise that I will return. I do not know how long I will be kong but I will return. I am sorry but I will have to ask you to wait a little longer." Said Hikari as she turned to leave. "Goodbye for now...Tomoe." Tomoe grabbed her hand before she stepped into the darkness and came closer to her. There was no space in between them. Hikari looked up at Tomoe and he leaned down. This time it was different, this time Hikari was not scared she did not shake. Their lips connected and Hikari felt electricity shoot through her body. Tomoe held Hikari's head so she could not push away but she didn't want to. She placed her hands on his shoulder and pulled herself closer to him. It had been hundreds of years since she had felt like this. She was not aware that her heart could feel this way again, not after everything that happened with Ryuu. The two parted but dod not pull away. Hikari rested her head on his shoulder and closer his eyes.

"That was my promise to you that I will wait...as long as it takes."