Wait for me...

Hikari glared at herself in the mirror when she was alone in the girls bathroom. She was breathing hard, trying to calm down but nothing she did was working. She was only getting angrier. Why could she not do anything right? She couldn't control herself she was a danger, to everyone around her. Snow began to fall from the bathroom ceiling just like it had done in the restaurant.

"No, no." Hikari said. "Stop, stop it." She told the snow but it would not listen to her. She was in too much of an emotional reck. The fact that she could not stop the snow which she created from falling only made her more angry. The ground at her feet began to freeze over. "No." She said again but knew it was hopeless. She felt a cold tears roll down her face. She was so frustrated. She fell to the floor and the bathroom completely froze over, just as her room had been that morning.

"Hikari." Said Tomoe appearing in the bathroom. Hikari looked up to see his worried face and he knelt down in front of her. Instead of pushing him away like her thought she would instead she wrapped her arms around his neck and pulled him closer.

"Tomoe...I don't know what to do." She cried into his shoulder. Tomoe held her and buried his face deep into her white hair.

"Just calm down. Everything's okay I'm here."

"But they were so scared. I'm a monster, I can't live in the human world anymore. I can't be near Nanami, I could kill her. I can't be near you wither nor can I be near Mizuki of the will o' the wisps. I'm a danger to everyone."

"In all honestly no one at the shrine really minds. You are going through a rough time if anything we want to help you, not have you distant yourself from us. If I had not come in this morning...you wouldn't have told anyone about what you were going through, and for me to think of you going through all that by yourself is painful for me."

"Tomoe...I'm so sorry for what I said this morning. I didn't mean to reject you so harshly." Hikari let go of his neck and place her clenched fists on his shoulder. Tomoe could tell she was trying to tell him something important but it seemed almost painful for her to say it. Hikari hung her head low, not looking at the man before her. "The truth is...I am scared Tomoe...I'm scared because you are the one that I have decided to give my heart to. Weather you want it or not it is yours. Do with it what you will." Tomoe's eyes widened but then her gently lifted Hikari's chin up with his finger. She looked up at him with teary eyes, fearing the rejection that she thought was to come.

"I do want your heart Hikari and I will treasure it for all eternity. I ask that you accept mine too."

"Of course, of course I will."

"Then why is it that you are so scared?"

"Because I don't want to hurt you. I don't want to be the one to kill you like I did with Ryuu."

"That will not happen. You have changed so much since then. You told me that you used to black out when you got angry and have no control over yourself. That has not happened since you regained your yokai form."

"That's true..." Hikari said. Then she remembered what Mamorinogami the peach God had told her all that time ago. 'This human that you wish to protect from yourself, the love you feel for her might be enough to keep you sane.' That was what he said. Nanami...she was the key to her black outs disappearing. "But even so if I was too even place a scratch on you I would not only hurt you but I would cause myself the pain that I never wanted to feel again...then these is Nanami. Of I hurt you, the man she loves she would hurt too. I would have hurt the two people I care about most in this world."

"Do not think be fooled into thinking that I am easily killed." Hikari smiled at him. "I am willing to take the risk and give this a chance but you have to be in board too."

"I am more than I can say but Tomoe...will you wait until I have gained control of my powers once more? I know that it is a lot to ask and I honestly have no right but...will you wait for me?" Tomoe smiled warmly at her.

"I would wait for ever and a day if it meant I could be with you...my love..."