The Answer

"I want to go!" Natalia came down stairs yelling and smiling from ear to ear.

The Nova's were surprised at her answer, they thought that she wouldn't want to go. They thought that she would be afraid of being replaced why away. They got up and hugged her. They reassured her that she was never going to be replaced.

"Okay, you have to pack, I'll help you. Wait, do you want to go shopping for new clothes?" Mrs. Nova said rapidly from excitement.

"No that's okay, these clothes will do just fine. Thank you for being so thoughtful though." Natalia smile

"Natalia dear, I want to clear the air before you leave. I want to tell you that were not sending you to Shield because we want to get rid of you, we are sending you so you can have the best education that there is. We sent a request to adopt you; your dad signed the release form and they also needed your moms, but she passed away right?" Mrs. Nova said

"Yeah and thank you so much for all you've done for me. You're one of the only people I like that is alive." Natalia said as she chuckled with tears welling in her eyes.

"We love you too dear, and we picked out a girl to adopt. Her name is Amanda and she is 8." Mrs. Nova said The adoption process was less complicated for her since both her parents passed away in a car accident when she was two. So, social services said it would be a faster process. We think you would like her. Mrs. Nova finished.

"I'm sure I would, when are you getting her?" Natalia asked.

"In three days, the gloomy part is that you won't be here to meet her. I hope that in your new school we are able visit you." Mrs. Nova wished.

They finished packing and Natalia was informed that she was leaving tomorrow morning. Mrs. Nova wanted to spend some time with Natalia before she left so they went out for ice cream and they watched a movie. Natalia had so much fun with her, she felt like Mrs. Nova was becoming more like a mom. She was the closest thing Natalia ever had to a mom after her real moms death.

The next day, Natalia went out for her morning run but made sure to be home by six so she could get ready. She finished getting ready and looked around the room the Nova's had given her when she first arrived. She was going to miss the comfort of the large room and she was going to miss the neighborhood she lived in. She got her suit case, her back pack and went down stairs.

"Dear, do you have all your things like your computer, your phone, iPad, books and all your gadgets?" Mrs. Nova asked

"No, I left them because they belong to you since you bought them." Natalia said

"We bought them for you so take them!" Mr. Nova smiled

Natalia went back upstairs and got her computer bag and put her computer, iPad, head phones and phone inside it. She got a duffel bag and put her books in there. She had to leave some books because they wouldn't fit if she took them all. So, she left the books that she had already read which was three forth of her book shelf. She went back down stairs and said good bye they all hugged and Mr. Nova gave Natalia a credit card and he said, "Use it whenever you want and for anything you need."

"Can I ask you something before I go?" Natalia asked

"Of course, what is it?" Both the Nova's answered in unison.

"W-would it be okay if I called you mom and dad?" Natalia asked with watery eyes

"We would love it!" they replied cheerfully and they embraced her again.

"Okay, it time that I go bye . . . Mom and dad." Natalia said hesitating on the words mom and dad.

She gave them both another hug and then she got in the car and waited for Paul to come. While she was waited, Mr. Nova went to the car and knocked on the window. Natalia lowered the window and he handed her a paper and said

"I'm forgetting to give you this, its your acceptance letter. You won't be able to enter without it. He smiled Well Nat, it is time for your departure. We love you, don't forget that!"

"I wont. Thank you, Dad." Calling Mr. Nova Dad felt odd, but Natalia found it reassuring.

Natalia wasn't ready to tell anyone that she loved them. She let her guard down and she was starting to feel something for the Nova's. When she was younger she promised herself that she was never going to trust anyone, she also promised that she would not have any feeling for anyone ever. That she would never let her guard down but today she did. She showed that she was vulnerable when it came to family. When she was younger she opened up to someone and they betrayed her; since that she hasn't been the same.

Paul drove out of the Nova's home and drove Natalia to the Academy that was two hour away. While she was in the car she read the letter Mr. Nova had given her.

Natalia Nova,

I am pleased to inform you that you have been accepted to S.H.I.E.L.D academy, an academically advanced school where you will grow and become a member of our worldwide organization. I was pleased to see that you are a highly-gifted individual and it would be a pleasure to have you in our Academy. Here, in shield we specialize in whatever you are best at, whether it is physical training or intellectual training we will accommodate to your needs. We require a placement test upon entry to establish what classes will best suit you. If you fail, it will not affect your spot with S.H.I.E.L.D. this test is just a placement test. S.H.I.L.E.D has all the things that one may need. You will have a dorm and will be sharing it with a peer. We have an excellent dining room with professional chefs, a gym, a pool room and plenty of other things you may need. When you arrive, you will need to get an ID and once you have your ID immediately report to the Directors office. Congratulations once again in your achievement.

Director, Fury

They had arravied. At the entrance two other guards stopped her and told her to get out. One of them asked if she had any luggage. She nodded and the other got them and put it through a scanning machine. The machine made a beeping noise and quickly put his hand on his gun.

"Open it." He demanded

Natalia was frightened, so she quickly but cautiously opened her suitcase.

The guard inspected it and then laughed "It's okay"he told the guard that was in the glass booth. It was just a coffee machine.

"Sorry to have frighten you." He apologized to Natalia

The guard in the booth took her finger prints and scanned her eyes. Then he gave her, an ID and told her not to lose it because this was how she is going to open doors. The huge gates opened and a golf cart was given to Natalia. She put her suitcase in the back and drove across the long drive way.

When she finally reached the front of the building she saw lots of golf carts parked in a row. There were close to thirty golf carts. She wondered if each student had been assigned a golf cart. It was plausible because the campus looked large. Natalia parked and took out her suit case and duffel bag. She had a huge suit case so she couldn't carry it for long. She also had her computer bag, she put it on her shoulder and she stood there in front of the building playing with her necklace. She went up the steps and tried opening the doors but she couldn't. She pushed and pulled it but it didn't budge. She looked around to see of it was a push the button door but it wasnt. She saw the small panel that read Scan ID'. She got her ID and tapped it on the panel, and as if by magic the doors opened. She entered and the door closed behind her.

As she walked in she was amazed at how the school looked. It was so grand it blew her breath away.