What Happened?

Mrs. Nova arrived and she saw Natalia in the office sitting down with an ice pack over her knuckle. She rushed and sat next to her and asked her if she was okay.

"Oh dear. Natalia, are you okay?" Mrs. Nova asked

"Yeah, I'm fine thank you for asking." Natalia replied with a weak smile.

"How could you let this happen?" Mrs. Nova yelled and slammed her hand on Mr. Rivera's desk.

Natalia kneed a student in the groin, twisted his wrist to the point of nearly breaking it, and broke his nose by punching him!" Mr. Rivera retaliated

"Why? Do you know what happen?" Mrs. Nova asked Mr. Rivera

"No, I don't know yet, I haven't asked either students." Mr. Rivera replied nervously.

"Why the hell would you call me if you yourself do not know what happened!" Mrs. Nova yelled as she got up from her chair and she went up to Natalia and asked her what happened.

"I was standing in the lunch line and there was a group of boys behind me and I heard them talking about me but I ignored them, and then one of them told me that I had nice curves, but I continued to ignore him until he slapped my behind and said that I had a firm ass. So, I turned around grabbed his hand, twisted his wrist, then I kneed him in the groin and punched him in the face. It was self-defense." Natalia replied

"That is sexual harassment and I would like to speak to the boy that assaulted Natalia." Mrs. Nova demanded

"I apologize Mrs. Nova but that won't be able to happen because we don't want to have another incident." Mr. Rivera answered

"My husband and I make a great amount of donations to this school and I ask this request as a favor. But if I am not able to see this boy I will sue you, him and this school for sexual harassment!" Mrs. Nova said

"Okay Mrs. Nova, I'll make sure he comes in before you leave." Mr. Rivera said as he picked up the phone and dialed a number.

Natalia and Mrs. Nova sat on the couch and waited for the kid to arrive and Mrs. Nova started to talk to Natalia.

"When the boy comes in here, I would like for you to control yourself and think about what you say or do before you do anything irrational, okay Dear?" Mrs. Nova told Natalia

"I'll try my best to think before my actions. Thank you for being here for me, if I would have done this in any other foster home I would have . . . " Natalia stopped herself before she said anything she would later regret saying out loud.

"Go on Dear, tell me what would they have done?" Mrs. Nova conserved and a little scared for Natalia.

"Nothing. They would have done nothing." Natalia continued, worried that she might have said what her childhood was like.

She did not want to tell anyone about It because everyone would treat her differently. They would treat her like if she was fragile and they would speak to her different. That was why she never talked about her previous foster homes and her child hood with her father.

They sat in silence for a few minutes, then there was a knock on the door. "Come in." Mr. Rivera said loud enough for the other person behind the door could hear.

When the door open the boy that touched Natalia came in with an ice pack on his nose.
"You called?" He asked Mr. Rivera.

He did not know that Natalia and Mrs. Nova were on the couch. Mr. Rivera stood up and lead the boy to Mrs. Nova and Natalia. When the kid saw Natalia, he became petrified and stepped a few feet back.

"What's your name?" Mrs. Nova asked as she walked up to him

"Shawn Darwin, Ma'am." Shawn replied with a frightened tone,

"Shawn, nice name and you have such a pretty face. You're dress well, which means that your parents have some influence." Mrs. Nova surveyed him.

"Let me ask you something Shawn, do your parents know that they have a disrespectful, rude, and a perverted son?" Mrs. Nova asked him sternly.

"No Ma'am." Shawn replied, he was red was sweating.

"Do your parent know what you did? Do they know that you're here? Are they here?" Mrs. Nova asked him

"No, to all three questions ma'am." Shawn answered

"Would you like them to know that you're here?" Mrs. Nova asked

"No, and I would appreciate if you didn't tell them because then I would be sent to a disciplinary boarding school." Shawn said.

"Maybe I should call them and tell them to send you away. Should I?"

"No no, please don't call them." Shawn pleaded.

"Fine. I won't tell them, I just want you to do something for me." Mrs. nova said

"I'll do anything." Shawn replied

"I would like you to apologize to Natalia and promise that you will never bother her or any other girl, or should I say anyone." Mrs. Nova said "And I will know if you do bother any student. So, dont you dare defy me."

While Mrs. Nova was talking to Shawn, Natalia was quietly giggling. Shawn walked up to her and as he got closer, Natalia backed away from him stating that she did not want him near her. Shawn went on his knees and begged for an apology.

"Would you forgive me Natalia, please. I promise I won't disrespect you or anyone ever again? Please forgive me, I don't want to be sent away. Please." Shawn begged

"Sure, whatever." Natalia said snickering

Shawn stood up and stared at her. Mrs. Nova signaled Natalia that it was time to leave. Natalia grabbed her bag and went to Mrs. Nova. When they were out of Mr. Rivera's office they looked at each other and started laughing. Paul was outside waiting for them. He opened the door and they both entered the car. They were sitting next to each other and Natalia spoke up. "Thank you for all you've done for me. But I have a question."

"Sure, ask me anything Dear?" Mrs. Nova said

"Where did you learn how to do all that you did in there?" Natalia asked

"I'm a lawyer, or I was." Mrs. Nova answered

"That's something I did not know about you." Natalia said

"Now let me ask you something, where did you learn how to do what you did to Shawn?" Mrs. Nova asked

Natalia didn't want to answer that question because that meant talking about her fucked up childhood. But if she wanted this family to work she would have to start doing things differently, and that meant she had to be honest and open. So, Natalia lifted her sleeves and showed Mrs. Nova her arms and told her about her dad and her foster homes abusing her.

"Oh my God." Mrs. Nova was shocked "I promise we will never lay one hand on you." She pulled Natalia in for a hug.

Natalia was in tears. "It's okay Dear. You're okay now. Mrs. Nova held Natalia in her arms.