"That's cool, I actually lived in Massachusetts for a while," Daniel replied.

"Really? Which part?" Joey asked, his curiosity spiking.

"Boston," Daniel replied, he un-crossed his legs and leaned forward. Joey leaned forward in disbelief but stumbled. Joey fell back against the wall and let out a childish giggle.

"Me too! That's crazy, I mean what are the chances? I came to LA for Youtube, why did you come?" Joey said starting to slur his words. Too much alcohol, not enough sleep.

"Well, I moved to LA very recently actually. I came to pursue my modeling career." Daniel replied. Joey's eyes lit up.

"Modeling? Well that explains a lot. I actually tried out for a few modeling jobs and they all said the same thing. 'You're not tall enough honey.' C'mon, I'm pretty tall. Besides, isn't that what photo shop is for?" Joey said letting out a little snort.

"Speaking of moving places, I hope this elevator starts again soon." Daniel said letting out an impatient sigh.

"I don't mind being stuck in here, with you at least. I mean I could have gotten stuck with some weirdo. You're pretty cool." Joey said, then suddenly cocked his head to the right, "Why are you up so late anyways?" Joey suddenly wanted to know everything this about this man standing in front of him.

"It's kind of embarrassing, but I was actually on a date. I know, I came for Vidcon, I shouldn't be going on dates. The guy was a creep anyways. I'm definitely not going out with him again." Daniel explained.

Suddenly the elevator jerked, and began moving again, and a voice came over the intercom, "Sorry for the delay, we couldn't figure out the problem, but we promise you won't get stuck in one of our elevators again. Have a nice night." the perky, yet tired sounding voice said.

As the floors of the panels rose, so did the level of silence. Neither of the men knew exactly what to say. It wasn't an awkward silence, but they both felt like they should say something before the elevator ride ended. The elevator hit the twentieth floor and panic rose in Joey's chest.

"If you're not busy tomorrow, you should come to my meet-up. It would be nice to see a familiar face," Joey suggested, feeling anxious to see the handsome man again.

"I will see what I can do, but it does sound like a ton of fun," Daniel replied thinking about it.

"Good," Joey cracked a smile, "I hope to see you there."

The elevator reached Daniel's floor and he prepared to get off. He was somewhat reluctant to leave because he felt so drawn to this new man. Daniel felt the urge to learn everything he could about Joey.

"27th floor," an automated voice announced.

"Well, this is me," Daniel said with a hint of disappointment in his voice, "Maybe I'll see you tomorrow?"

"I hope," Joey replied, hoping not to sound like a total creep.

"Okay, you have a good night."

"Yeah, you too," Joey said nodding.

Daniel left the elevator feeling more awake than he did when he got on. He quietly rushed back to his room, pulling his room key from his back pocket.

Room 1357. He slid his key card into the slot and pushed open his door. Daniel kicked off his boots next to the door, and quietly shut the door behind him. The last thing he needed was to have someone complain about the noise he was making. Daniel got undressed and put on his pajamas.

He laid in bed for a while, but his mind kept wandering to a certain youtuber. He finally gave up and grabbed his laptop from his bed side table. He pushed the on button and patiently waited for the computer to turn on. Daniel squinted as his laptop screen lit up.

Daniel clicked in Google Chrome and typed in the words: YouTube.com. He was brought to the website. The red banner across the top was somewhat familiar to him. This wasn't his first time on YouTube.

In the search bar on the top he typed in Joey Graceffa. Immediately YouTube pulled up some videos and Joey's channel. Daniel's mouse hovered over his channel. One clicked and he would be engulfed in Joey's bubbling personality, or he could forget about the chance elevator encounter and go back to sleep.

Click

Joey didn't know what he was doing, but he knew he had to find out something, anything about the gorgeous man in the elevator.

Daniel Preda, is what Joey meant to type, but it ended up being Dsmiel Prada.

Joey shook his head at himself. He rapidly press the backspace and re-typed it.

The first link that popped up was his twitter account. Joey smirked and clicked on the link.

He fell asleep letting himself get lost in all things Daniel Preda.

HI EVERYONE!!! Welcome one and all. Thanks for reading the first chapter of NIY. This story is written by two people, Becca and Camilla. Because of this there might be some inconsistencies, and if y'all could comment and let us know if there is anything that doesn't make sense, that would be SUPER helpful.

This being the first chapter, there might be somethings that you'd like to know. For now here are a few thing that will be important.

1. We will update on Tuesdays and Thursdays, and there might be some variation of this, we don't know exactly what our schedules will be, and we might want to do some surprise updates.

2.Keep in mind that we don't know much about Daniel, so we might make up some things that aren't true, and if you have any information that might be helpful for the purpose of this fanfiction, please either comment or send us a DM.

If you enjoyed this PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE vote or comment. Let us know what you think. Anything to let us know what you thought would be helpful.

-B&C