Secrets Come Out

MEELA POV

It had been four days since the accident and Lyna still hadn't woken up yet. I was getting worried. Andre came whenever he could and I don't know. I know I told Andre it wasn't his fault but I just can't shake the feeling that if he had not said anything, any of those nasty things, she wouldn't have ran out and in turn wouldn't have ended up at Walsh Avenue.
Just then, Andre came in bringing some more flowers. He placed them on the side and sat. I scoffed.
He looks at me, raising an eyebrow."what's wrong?"
"Your damn well lucky Lyna likes you. Cause I am about to tell you what's wrong, did you think you could get off easily with the things you said? Let me ask you this. How would you feel if you woke up one morning in a mysterious place and you are told all your family is dead. How do you think it would feel to one second be happy and with your family and the next second you are laying on the road bloody, cuts all over your body , and you have to lay there and watch your family be put in body bags. Hmmm." I pause before I continue, the anger begins to really come out. "HOW DARE YOU HAVE THE AUDACITY TO SAY THOSE THINGS TO HER, TO TELL HER HOW TO GRIEVE. YOU HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO RIGHT." Andre stares at me in shock, mouth open, speechless, not knowing what to say.
"I I I." He says still at a loss for words. Then I hear Maddie's voice behind me.
"I no longer trust you. I will not leave you alone with Lyna. Meela and I will sit somewhere in the room." She pauses and takes a deep breath before she continues. "You...we...we...have no words...we tried so hard to hold this in, for Lynas sake. But we can't, the words you gave to her were so offensive." Maddie says this then slaps him, turning her back and pointing to the door. "Just for right now, get out, We really don't want to see you," she said in a defiant tone, and with that, he nod his head sadly, tears present in his eyes, as he walked out. Maddie then looks at me. I nod.
The doctor comes in with another person. We look at her waiting for news and an explanation.
"This is Doctor Lexi. The resident psychologist here."
"Why do we need a psychologist?" Maddie asks. She looks at us sadly and then says.
"Before we discuss that there is something you need to see." She walks over to Lyna.
We watch her as she begins to unravel the wrappings on her arms. We gasp in shock. There were cuts, deliberate cuts all up and down her arms. There are a good twenty to thirty scars all over each arm. It feels as though someone had punched me right in the gut. "There's more." I hear her sigh. I watch in terror as she pulls Lyna's cover down, not a word leaves my mouth from the shock. There are more on her legs, so many more. She delicately pulls the covers back up but lifts up the hospital gown. I fall to the ground when I see the horror before me. Cuts on her sides. She... She... She was trying to... No.... She was hurting herself, bad. How could I not see this? I see Maddie shaking. I don't know what to say to comfort her. This happened right in front of us and we didn't see it. I had my suspicions but I didn't want to push. I should have. How could I let this happen?
Just then Tom walked in and froze, he looks at us then looks at Lyna. He places his hand over his mouth when he sees the cuts. All over her body on places she could hide them. The doctor lowered the dress and pulled down the blanket so she could check on the cuts on her legs. I see Tom stumble backwards.
"How does something like this happen?" He says. The psychologist looks up at us and she pauses before she says.
"Guilt."
My heart drops.