The First Time

I am sitting at the party that Meela and Maddie dragged me to. I just sit and stare analyzing the crowd. All these people talking sit there talking, filling each other in on the latest dramas, all these people have families they can go home to after this party is all over. Me, I do too I guess, I live with Meela and Maddie. My family died in a car crash. I don't know why I am still here, how I was the only one too survive. I look down at my ice tea taking a sip and when I look up I see a man staring at me. He sees that I have seen him and looks away quickly. I look over and see Meela walking over to me.
"Hey how's it going?" I tilt my head back and forth to signal so so. I use my eyes to gesture at the man that was staring at me. I look at her. "Oh that's Andre. He is a friend of Tom's." She smiles. He looks up and is staring again. Meela pulls at my arm. I pull back. "Come on come meet him." I sign why. "Because you need to it will help." She gives me a pleading look. I roll my eyes and give in. She then pulls me over in front of where Andre and Tom are sitting. Tom gives Meela hug and a kiss. I may have forgot to mention they were together. Andre just stares, and I pull on Meelas sleeve. Meela looks at me. I make my eyes go wide to get her to make him stop. She looks at me then at Andre. "Andre this is Lyna." She says to him which snaps him out of his daze.
"Hi." He says bright red. I sign back hello. He looks at me slightly confused. Meela pulls him to the side.
MEELA POV
"Please don't make her feel uncomfortable." I look at him wide eyed.
"Is she deaf?" He asks.
"No dumb ass she's mute." I snap back  and he goes red embarrassed about thinking she was deaf.
"What what what happened?" He asks genuinely.
"It's not my place to tell you the whole thing but remember the really bad car crash down on Walsh." He nods.
"But the whole family died." I shake my head.
"No. There was one survivor. Her. She hasn't said a word since."
"Oh my gosh. I am so sorry." He says saddened.
"It's fine just please stop staring at her." I plead with him not wanting him to scare her off.
"I am sorry it's just she is so beautiful." I smile big when I hear him say this and decide to test my luck.
"Maybe you should tell her that. Or I don't know. Ask her out on a date." I suggest.
"You think?" He asks looking at me then looking over.
"I have a plan." I grin.
"Alright just fill me in." He says and I look at him and shake my head.
"Not right now we don't have time I'll text you the details later." He looks at me worried but I pat his back in reassurance.
"Alright." We go back. I stand by Lyna, and she looks at me with a raised  eyebrow.
"I just explained." I tell her. She nods. She looks at Andre and gives a small smile. She looks over and sees Maddie talking to a player, Evgeny. I look and smile. Lyna pulls on my sleeve and signals to the door. She wants to leave. I give Andre a look and cough slightly to get his attention.
"So do you dance?" He asks her. Her eyes go wide. I push her slightly forward. She shakes her head trying to go back.
"It's alright Lyna you should go dance." She shakes her head again and I reassure her.
"Come on I don't bite." He tells her and she giggles. She then smiles and reluctantly goes to dance with him. When they leave I hear Tom ask me.
"What are you planning Meela?"
"Shhhhhhhh." I smile. "This is love in the making."
"You sneak." I laugh and do a mock bow. "This will be some of my finest work."
"Who knows maybe he will be the one that gets her to talk again." I smile and Tom wraps his arm around me.
"That would be nice." I reply watching them go to dance.
"I miss her voice." Tom says and looks down at me.
"He will get it back." I nod sure of myself. We then sit and watch as Andre spins and dips Lyna and the best part is through out the whole thing, Lyna doesn't lose her smile once.
"He will make her happy." I smile and Tom kisses the top of my head.