Is It Gonna Be A Problem?

Start from the beginning

I went back on my tour a few days later, after spending some time with Wilmer. As the days continued, I tried not to think about Nick, but this was pretty difficult since his song, 'Jealous' was literally on all the time & I would hear it everywhere. Then there were all the photos of Nick & Olivia together, being called 'cutest couple,' 'hottest couple,' 'relationship goals,' & all sorts of other names that nauseated me. I decided I needed to be more open with my own relationship, so I started talking about Wilmer in interviews & then I would post photos of us. We didn't hide from the paparazzi either, which was weird. I definitely wasn't used to that.

Over Halloween Wilmer & I dressed up in matching costumes for parties we went to & we were all over the internet. Nick was as well, with Olivia, but he really didn't dress up. In true Nick fashion, he wore a suit & probably told people he was an old time gangster or an old Hollywood movie star. He really didn't get into Halloween that much & if we had stayed together he would have been forced to dress up. He dodged a bullet I guess.

I didn't talk to Nick too much while I was doing my world tour. He was busy with his own tour then doing promotions for his TV show, not to mention landing other acting jobs. We would text once in a while, but nothing significant. I think both of us were trying to get over the feelings we once had for each other. In my case, I was trying to forget the confusion I had going on inside me when it came to Nick & my feelings for him.

The next time I saw Nick was right after Halloween, right before Nick was leaving for New York & I was leaving for London. Phil had set up a meeting with us to discuss some of the things we had in the works. Nick & I were wanting to start our own record label with Phil, our manager & we had been in talks to do it for quite a while, actually. At our meeting Phil told us it was looking like it would become a reality very soon. He had been talking with both of our labels & they were very supportive of this collaboration. Nick & I hugged when we heard & it wasn't as awkward as the hug earlier when we first saw each other. It felt good the second time, more natural.

After the meeting, Phil left, leaving me & Nick alone as we walked to our cars. "You want to go grab some lunch to celebrate?" Nick asked as we walked.

"I don't want someone starting rumors if we're seen together having a meal." I chuckled.

"Olivia is out of town, so we can go to my place. I have stuff for sandwiches." Nick snickered.

"You & your sandwiches." I grinned at him, then shrugged. "I actually have nothing to do the rest of the day. I just need to go home & finish packing."

"Great. Follow me then?" He said as he walked toward his car & I nodded, before getting in my car.

I had only been to Nick's house one other time, so I forgot how beautiful it was. I couldn't believe he lived here with Olivia & when I went inside, I was hit with the reminders of her. In the kitchen I saw her things, including a chalkboard with a love note on it, making me a little nauseous if I'm being honest. I ignored it as Nick made us sandwiches, while we talked, mostly about all the things we wanted to do with our record label. Nick & I had the same vision & I was glad that our previous relationship wasn't going to interfere with this business venture. He was my best friend & who better to go into business with than your best friend. Phil had asked us if it was going to be a problem us working together & we both said no. We weren't letting our short relationship come between us & our dreams.

We took our meals out to Nick's backyard that had a spectacular view. We kept talking while we ate, then when we were done eating, we picked up our plates & glasses & headed inside. As I walked up the few steps into Nick's house, my foot slipped & almost fell, but caught myself. Of course, my drink went all over me & Nick started laughing. "Damn, you're so clumsy." He held onto my elbow as I walked into the house.

"Your steps were slippery." I laughed as I clicked my tongue.

"Uh huh. I can get you a shirt to wear." He put our dishes in his sink, then turned to look at me.

"Thanks. I'd appreciate that. And one of your shirts... not Olivia's." I said, loudly as I followed him upstairs. He chuckled as he went into his bedroom. I saw his bed & I froze, staring at it, imagining him & Olivia making love in it. My heart started racing as it ached & I felt like I was going to be sick. Damn feelings.

"Demi? You okay?" Nick said as he came up beside me, holding out a shirt for me to wear.

I turned my head to look at him & shook my head. "I know I ended our relationship, but I still can't take thinking of you & Olivia together. Maybe it's just because I really don't like her & don't think she's the one for you, but the thought of you & her having sex in this bed gives me a panic attack." I was trying to calm down & Nick put his hands on my arms.

"Then don't think about it." He looked toward the bed. "We actually haven't spent a lot of time together in this bed. We have a very long distance relationship. Most of the time anyway." He was speaking in a quiet voice, then he looked down at me & my heart skipped a beat. "You know I saw that message you sent me during the interview with that chick from Sweden, where you said you missed me & loved jealous & wished I could sing it to you. I missed you, too." I sucked in my breath as we stared at each other for a minute, then he grabbed my face & kissed me, out of the blue. The kiss took my breath away & I forgot where I was & when it was. I got caught up in his kiss & the way it made me feel, that I felt like I was back in time. I was taken back to the spring of this last year, when I was convinced he was the one I would spend the rest of my life with.

I wasn't even aware that we were quickly undressing each other, until I felt Nick's hands on my bare skin. It shocked me, but also excited me & our kiss got more intense. Nick started moving us so I had no choice but to sit on the bed. I continued undoing his shirt as we stared, lustfully, at each other. Once his shirt was off, I scooted back on the bed. Within seconds, he was hovering over me, his hands roaming down my breasts & between my legs. I felt his excitement on my leg & I panted as he started kissing my neck & chest. My eyes were closed for a moment, then I opened them & saw my surroundings. It brought me back to reality & the fact that Nick & I were both with other people. I was cheating on Wilmer right now & I didn't want to be that person. Or did I?