twh tears of uther penndragon

Hey, there? How was the weekend?

I went to Costco, which was AH - mazing! It's like Disneyland for the Supermarket industry :P

Anyway, New Chapter! I have to say, I particularly enjoy Morgana/Merlynn's interactions, and I hope you do too!

oOo

Kilgharrah watched over the young witch with his deep, golden eyes, which were full of concern. Merlynn was his kin; he could not help but feel a great deal of care toward her, along with their deep bond. He had heard her from the cavern, felt the flashing pain of the serket's sting reverberate through his spine. The Great Dragon was relieved that she was alright. She had such a great destiny, such a enormous role in the future of himself, and the rest of Albion. Pressure was definitely upon her, and Merlynn didn't know half of it.

Below, the dark-haired witch whimpered, her limbs twitching slightly as a defense of the poison. When he stole her away in the night, he could tell that her life was rapidly slipping away - the serket's venom was a life-snatching, fast-acting poison that paralysed and disapparated the nerves and healing cells in the body. She was lucky that he swooped down in time, for she would have surely died.

The wounds on her body were pulsing, swollen but clean and healing from his enchantment. Merlynn's eyes opened, the bleary, glazed-over orbs un-focused but glancing up into his. A dull burn vibrated through her body, sending every part into vicious shockwaves. She cried out as her fight ended, her limbs regained feeling and her eyes finally became focused on Kilgarrah. The movement was enough to alert the wounds, and they protested immediately against her shifting.

Kilgarrah's lips pulled into that inhuman, unnatural, almost unrecognizable smile that revealed his sharp, luminescent teeth. His eyes, she noticed, reminded her of a dark, copper honey. He gazed down at her softly, reminding her of when she swallowed the poison for Arthur all those years ago; the way Gaius stared at her the moment she awoke.

"Kilgharrah," she breathed, then broke off into a series of coughs. "I didn't think you'd answer my call." She was relieved that he had; Merlynn was also no idiot, a scorpion's venom was poisonous, and she recognized that serket's were probably no better.

He chuckled slightly. "Merlynn, I could not resist a dragonlord – or dragonlady, even if I wanted to."

"Well, thank you," she replied, trying to sit up. But, her body once more prevented it in the most excruciating way possible, and she whimpered as she settled back down to the floor. The chains were gone from her body and she was glad to have the ability to move. "Ah!"

"Lie still," Kilgharrah instructed. "The serket's poison is powerful. I have given you an enchantment that will help you heal, but it will take time."

Her hand shakily slid up her chest until pale, bloody fingers clasped onto the locket she had recieved from Gaius before she went out on the search for Morgana. Then, she prayed silently, her mouth moving but no words emitting from it. She wished Gaius was alright, as well as Uther and Arthur. Merlynn needed to get back to Camelot before Morgana truly set her plan out and she was the superior.

oOo

Arthur was surprised to see that his curtains were not open, nor was there that familiar scurrying of feet and absent humming. He ran a hand through his tousled hair and sleepily sat up in his bed, tired eyes glancing about the room for his usual servant. "Merlynn?" he called out, as if she would actually be there in the dim light of the room.

There was no reply. He stood from his bed, hissing as the cold wood of the floor stabbed into the bottom of his feet, and headed toward the window, ripping open the curtains. Just as he suspected; there was no damnation, or the take-over of some sort of mythical being. No breakfast waited for him on his desk, or a note that explained the reasoning behind why Merlynn allowed him to sleep in. Anger, and some worry, filled his body and he rested his hands on the dining table for a moment.