Special person

We left the fair and walked  around.The streets were lined with trees keeping us away from the sun.Eric is chattering away while  Sam still has  not  said  a  thing.

"Wow,this is weird"Eric says. "You guys  are  being  super  quite".

"What shall we talk about  then?"Yuca asks turning to us.

"I don't know"I say.

"I guess you'll have to tell the people at your agency".

"It's going to be hard again,would miss having fun like this"I say.

"Yes,going to miss you"Yuca casually says.I suddenly felt a little weird.

"You actually miss me?"I meant it as  a joke but Yuca started blushing .

"No...I didn't mean..."

"You sure?Oh,you're so going to miss me"

"But you won't "Yuca says sounding a little disappointed.

"Says who?"

"You've got ...other people"she says.

"Enough with all the missing"Eric interrupts before I could ask her what she  meant."Now tell me about the song".

"Well,it's by..."Yuca starts to speak but Eric stops her.

"Not that.I'm talking about that special guy"

"I never said it's a guy"

"It couldn't be more obvious.This is your chance to make it real,let's see if I can help"

"That again"I say.Eric is always nosy about these things.

"And don't say it's Sam"Eric says.We  curiously look at her for an answer.

"Well,it's not going  to  matter so...but I'm not  going to  say  his  name ...He has this beautiful voice I could tell apart even in a crowd.He was nice to me,so nice I  foolishly  misunderstood.But turns  out I'm not so lucky,he has eyes only for a single person.But I still can't get over.Whenever I see him smile...he's got such a charming smile"she smiles a little"Which  belongs to another..."

"Really,all I need is the name but go on"Eric tells her .

"Did I just say that aloud?"Yuca asks and turns bright  red.I start laughing because I got that strange feeling again."Thank you"Sam says out of the blue.We complain"Oh come on,she's talking about me".

I was glad to finally sit down for dinner .Granny was going on about how mum and her went shopping and ate out and visited some family  friends,just like  old  times"She felt like my old daughter again"she says"She  changed a lot  looking after you.So don't waste those  efforts ...when you find that special someone,treat her right so she would not have to go through what your mother did".

A little grin appeared on her face"Speaking of which,that girl who came today  is alright".

She's joking about Yuca as  always but I suddenly realised something.

"Thanks granny"I say and race out.I called Yuca ."I have something to tell you".I ended the call .Many things popped up in my head.I realised I always felt like smiling when I saw  her.She's always been there for me.I now know why it hurts when I see her in pain.It must be me she was talking about,but it really doesn't matter though.

I happily crossed the road and suddenly something   caught  my attention.A familiar girl was  standing near a car parked   nearby.She lightly  brushed her hair  away and I clearly  saw  her  face.I felt emotions  rush  through  me.I wanted  to  walk right upto  her.I felt a little  dose of old pain but there is also something else making my blood boil as  she giggled.There was a guy who  was holding her hands.They continued to talk and giggle.

Another chapter so go read.