Convincing

"Open up"Yuca says,knocking at the door.

"I'm not going to open up if you're going to say the same thing over and over again "I shout for her to hear.

"But you can't just..."

"Cetainly not opening up now"I say.

"Jeremy,come out right now"granny says.

"I'm not coming out".Yuca's been trying to convince me to go back and continue trying very often nowadays.So I shut myself in my room .The noise was gone for a while.

"Alright.I won't, so come out"Yuca says.I slowly open the door.

"Better keep your word or I'm going back"

"I get it.I won't",she says, disappointment in her face.

"Good girl"I say walking to the couch.

"So?"she says after a long silence

"If we're not going to talk about reconsidering...."

"You really do have a lot of time"

"You might not know since you don't go to school, but it's a sunday"She looks a little happy"And Terry's too busy to have time for me".

"You can always go out and have some fun.Fresh air will be good for you and it's been so long too",granny says

"I don't know"

"Meanwhile ,your mother and I can have some time for ourselves too".Mum's been very busy looking after me.She does deserves it.

"Fine"I say making granny grin.

We decided to hang out together so we called Sam,Lawrence and Eric.But Lawrence could not cone because he recently caused some trouble and is not allowed to leave his house now.

"Where are we going?"Yuca asks as soon as all of us gather.

"You pick"Sam says grinning at her.

"Don't let her choose.She'd probably trap us in a library".I say.

"Jeremy"she says in a hurt tone.It's sort of funny when she gets upset."Ok,ok you choose"I say.

She refuses to answer and I ended up laughing.

"I know"Sam says "How about that new fair".

There were rows of stalls,lots of rides and many people.It was a huge fair.As soon as we reached,Sam kept dragging Yuca everywhere so Eric and I had to tag along everywhere.

"Enough"I say taking Yuca away from Sam.

"We've still got one ride left"he says pointing at the tallest ride.Yuca steps back a little.

"Looks like someone's scared "I say to Yuca.

"Don't worry,you've got me"he says smiling.

"Can't we skip that one?"she asks.

"She doesn't want to Sam"I say looking at her getting scared.

Sam dragged us into the ride .Yuca got the seat next to mine so Sam had to sit with Eric with a grumpy face.

"No......"Yuca screams in her seat tightly clutching the seat belt.I don't think the ride's all that fun but watching her in her seat is.

"Why are you laughing?"she says through the noise.

"You should see your face right now"

"That's why I didn't want to come"

Sam is still sulking after the ride.

"Whoever beats that faster gets to sit with Yuca at the ride"Sam suddenly tells us.

"There?"Yuca says pointing at the ride we just came back from.

"You can go back,I'm not coming"I say.

"Me neither"Eric agrees.

"I don't want to"Yuca says.

"How about this?"I say"If I win,we're not going back".

"Deal".So we fought the arm wrestling machine."Can you beat that?"Sam asks proudly after his turn.I did so the ride was cancelled.

We went around exploring for a while.We looked through the stalls,bought random things,ate and then went around for a while.

Yuca brought us inside a karoake stall even if I did not want to .Eric was the first to sing.He selected the same song I sung on Foundation day.It reminded me of those days but they were soon drowned by Sam's voice singing"My girl".I did not get up.

"I'm not going to"I say.But the rest started complaining so I chosed a song and sang it.But soon I stopped after a few lines.

"I don't know you but you could be a singer someday"Yuca jokingly said.

"Now I get why you got us here"I say.She smiles and goes up to sing."It's a special song ...and it's for someone special"she says.

"For me!Thank you"Sam jumps up

"Well...it's also for everyone listening, so...."

Her singing is not perfect but there is something that makes me want to keep listening.Maybe it's not only me,Sam's also staring motionless.Yuca looked down at the ground and then looked up at me.
"Shouldn't have done it
Should have ignored it
Like it could not be seen Like it would not be seen

.... because you came without a word".

I see her eyes getting a little teary.And I don't know why but I feel a strange pain.As her voice soared through the notes,I felt pain as if I was hurt.Her voice had so much emotion,like they were flowing out of a dam after a long time.It seemed so sincere,so true and beautiful.It felt like she was letting her own words out,like the lyrics was her own.How did she sing so well?

"How was it?"she asks as none of us said anything.

"That was..."Eric

said"Wonderful".

"You were so good"Sam says grinning.She turns to me.

"Didn't know you could"I say"But you did it"

"What?"she asks confused.

"I'm convinced.Your song was beautiful.I changed my decision.If singing can reach out to people and move them like you did just now,I'd be glad to sing.You reminded me of the reason I first liked and started singing"I said"The real reason"I continued"I guess I was a fool to give up a chance to live a life filled with something so powerful and beautiful like music.I honestly liked it from the start,I was just distracted along the way.But now I know how much I like music and I'm not giving up".

"Wow,J you sound like our principal "Eric disturbed my speech."Eric"I complain

"I'm having moment".I joke.

"Well"Yuca says"I didn't exactly mean it that way.But ,whatever helps..."she broke into a grin.I smile back."I'm lucky to have you"I say looking at Sam who was glaring at us and smile some more.

Let me know if it was an interesting chapter.