“What are you talking about?” I asked her.

Stacy ignored my question and bombarded me with a million of her own. “How long have you been planning it? Why didn’t you tell me? Who else knows?”

“What are you talking about?” I asked again.

“The kiss!” she said impatiently. “Come on Jessica…don’t leave me hanging!”

I stared at her in bewilderment. “It wasn’t planned. What on earth gave you that idea?”

Stacy thrust a copy of In Fashion. “Read!”

Obeying her, I flipped the magazine open and scanned through the page Stacy had folded. There was a picture of me at the show yesterday and the article was spread across the page, and continuing onto the second one, I assumed.

Dancer in Distress? Not anymore.

Late last night during one of the shows in New York Fashion Week, the up and coming fashion business La Ballerine had its second show after its successful debut last year. Just a few years old, the fashion line proved to be extremely popular throughout the world, and some are calling in the next Chanel.

It was announced earlier this month that the new face for the summer line would be a fresh face in the modelling industry, Jessica Bryans. The La Ballerine show was her chance to prove herself and boy, did she do it.

Commentators were saying all through the night what a fantastic job she was doing, but that was nothing compared to what they said at the end of the night. That’s right, fashion geeks, you know what I’m talking about: the hot steamy kiss Jessica had with the new junior executive.

 Sources have confirmed that it was a staged act between the two. The last outfit of the night was called ‘S.O.S’, inspired by the outfits of many damsels in movies when they were in need of their prince. The producers of the show found it appropriate to call the act ‘Dancer in Distress’, and have our little ballerina saved by her prince charming at the last second. Magnificent!

Although, like most of New York, I was also wondering last night – that kiss seemed to be a little too up close and personal. All you tweeters out there were just bugging about the juicy deets of what might really be going on between the dancer and her prince…

I slammed the magazine shut, having read enough.

Stacy looked at me expectantly. “So?”

“What?” I said.

“Now will you admit that it was a set up!” she sighed, leaning against the half-wall of my cubicle.

I rolled my eyes for the second time. “Honestly Stacy! It wasn’t set up.”

Realization dawned on her face. “What so mean…”

“Yes,” I admitted. “I really did fall.”

“And Mr. Marshall…”

“Really did catch me,” I told her.

“And then…”

“We really did kiss.”

Her jaw dropped open.

“You’re catching flies, Stace,” I teased.

Oh. My. God. Jessica!” Stacy screamed. “Oh. My. God. Oh. My. God. Ohhhhhh. My. God.”

She kept chanting it over and over again. There was a small movement from inside Jake’s office that distracted me. I didn’t expect him to be in so early but now that he was, I might as well go and talk to him.