The Secret's of the Uzumaki Clan

Still don't own Naruto

Chapter 56: Secret's of the Uzumaki clan

Naruto gazed at the book sitting in front of him and slowly turned the first page over to see a date that was over a thousand year's old. 'This is unbelievable. It's so old but the book looks like it hasn't aged a single day' Naruto thought to himself as he began to read.

I Ryu Uzumaki have decided to write this journal to commemorate my appointment as the very first official head of our family. Although we are few in number at the moment in year's I hope we can pass our knowledge of swordsmanship and sealing down to future generation's.

As Naruto continued to read on he discovered that the time of the first leader Ryu Uzumaki was more than fifty year's before the time of the Rikudou sennin. Reading on the most part of the first clan head's rule had been bloody battle's and war. This continued through the second ruler's time as well. In fact thanks to the constant war's they were fighting the clan had only stayed at a handful and by the time of the third ruler had dwindled to just five.

The constant waring seems to never end. Our family has been forced to build a small fortified building for defense, but it has become somewhat of a home. There are only five battle ready member's left of our clan but we will not fail to defend ourselves. Peace seems unobtainable as long as we fight. This land is only small and the people who live here only few, but even here our clan can not seem to find the peace we desire.

That was the last entry from the third clan head of the Uzumaki clan. And Naruto was about to skip ahead but the start of the next section caught Naruto's attention.

This is the first entry of Enton Uzumaki. The battle last night cost father and mother there lives, but we still live on. My youngest brother Ryuga saw them die before his eye's and has been in a coma for two day's now. I was elected this morning to lead the clan but I do not feel I am ready. I would have preferred to pass the responsibility on to my uncle but he said it was my duty as eldest son of the previous clan head.

It has been two day's since I took over as clan leader and Ryuga has yet to awaken. The only sign that he is still alive, is that he has a pulse. There also seems to be a silvery substance that will cover him every so often, but it is not tangible and it recedes back into him after a few moment's. Uncle is becoming worried, but there is nothing that we can do for him.

Naruto was thoroughly confused by what Enton had meant by silvery substance. Initially he figured it could have been raw uncontrolled chakra but Naruto had never heard of silver chakra so he decided to read on. And what he found had shocked him to the very core.

Ryuga awoke this morning after almost a week. But his eye's are different. I can feel pressure behind them and they have an aura about them that does not seem natural. While they are still purple like they had been before they are now more metallic and his pupil has shrunk to nothing but a small dot. What is most confusing is the white's of his eyes are smaller only occupying the very edge of his eye's and there is a ripple pattern extending out from the center. He has not spoken much since he awoke but when he has he seemed calm and almost peaceful.

Naruto could hardly believe his eye's as he read the next few entry's about how his brother had begun performing weird feat's that nobody could explain. He would simply stick out his hand and the object he wanted would fly towards him and even one entrance of an incredibly shocked Enton after he saw his brother breath fire.

The next interesting event happened several weeks later after a supposed attack on the young Uzumaki clan.

We were attacked last night, but thanks mostly to Ryuga we came out of it unharmed. In fact they surrendered completely once they saw some of the things my youngest brother can do. They were so awed by Ryuga that they even asked if they can join together with us and become part of our clan. I accepted on the grounds that they were a small family and mostly non combative women and children.