Rasengan And one Big Toad

Chapter 3: Rasengan And one Big Toad

It had been several weeks since Naruto had been training with Jiraiya, and the toad sage had been impressed with the his improvement he had got tree walking down and had almost mastered water walking, he had become proficient enough that he could now beat ten clones at a time in taijutsu.

Naruto had found a new hobby in seal making, and he couldn't understand why there weren't more seal masters in Konoha with Jiraiya being the only one something which the toad sage was all too willing to boast about as it was considered one of the more difficult ninja arts.

"Ok gaki looks like you got it down come to land and dispel your clones I'm going to give you a gift" the white haired toad charmer said getting a jump for joy from his young charge.

"So what's the gift sensei," asked an enthusiastic Naruto.

"It's this... summoning Jutsu," the old toad sage said as a scroll appeared along with a small toad.

"Ok, Naruto I want you to come here and sign your name next to where it says Minato Namikaze" Jiraiya said pointing the empty space on the scroll.

"Sure thing ... .... ... ok now what" the blond asked.

"Use these hand signs and then slam your hand down, now for this you can't use shadow clones it has to be all you because you could have half of the toads of Myoboku here by the end of the day if you do" Jiraiya explained.

The training went slow and all he could summon was a rather friendly toad by the name of Gamakichi and his brother Gamatatsu but he couldn't get anything bigger.

"What am I doing wrong Jiraiya sensei ... Jiraiya sensei? ...... are you peeking on the women at the waterfall... ... you are, I didn't know you were nothing but a little pervert" Naruto said angrily.

"Hey I'm not a little pervert" Jiraiya responded "I'm a super Pervert"

"How is that better," the blond asked with a sweat drop

"Anyway, I think I know how you can master the Jutsu you have to be faced with a life and death situation. And if I'm correct you will get in contact with the fox and start learning how to control his chakra at the same time" the toad sage said.

( Near a valley that is for some reason just outside of Konoha )

"Ok gaki its do or die good luck," he said as he tossed Naruto off the edge 'please forgive me Minato' he finished in an afterthought.

Moments later Naruto resurfaced on top of an angry Gamabunta and after a small conversation with his new summoner decided to test him to see if he is able to stay on his head for a day which he was able to do passing out just as he made it to sun down.

For the next few weeks Naruto continued training till he could summon a Gamabunta sized toad without needing Kyuubi's chakra, and had even gone on number of C rank missions with teams 8 and 10 or just with Jiraiya most of them were basic, like deliver packages to another small village in fire country.

"So what are we going to work on today Ero-sennin," Naruto asked.

A tic mark appeared on said perverts head "gaki how many times have I asked you not to call me that".

"I will stop calling you Ero-sennin when you stop peeking on women where ever we go" the blond responded.

"Anyway today I'm going to teach you a new Jutsu and this one is right up your ally it was created by my greatest student the fourth Hokage. And all you need is chakra and there are no hand signs. This is a three step process, first is the rotation, the second is power, and finally you combine the two to produce this... Rasengan" a blue ball of chakra appeared in Jiraiya's hand as he finished his explanation.

"Awesome what do I have to do" the energetic blond was bouncing off the wall at the prospect of learning a Jutsu created by his hero.

"Here you have to pop these water balloons, just like this" and he rotated the water inside the balloon till it popped.

Putting a bucket of the balloons down Naruto quickly made a hundred clones and got to work it took him several hours but Naruto eventually figured out that the water had to be spun in all directions. Jiraiya then started Naruto on the second stage for him to work on for the next week while he went to check on his spy network and left Naruto with team 9. The following week was what Naruto would call extreme, especially when he made a promise he would keep up with Gai and Lee's extended physical workouts.

By the end of the week tho Naruto had completed the second stage of the Rasengan and had taken to wearing weights after he found out how much faster Lee was because of them. Naruto was now working on the third part of the Rasengan and felt he was very close, he could stop the balloon from blowing up for about 10 seconds at full rotation before it would destabilize Naruto had figured he could complete it with a shadow clone but felt he didn't want to be forced to use one the Jutsu.

"You are almost there gaki you should have it by next week. I have to go again for a few weeks so I want you to go get a team to do some missions with preferably a C" Jiraiya said.

"Oh ok I hope I get some C rank missions, those D's are nothing but kids chores I mean I know there to strengthen team cooperation but I mean we could have done them in the academy" Naruto said.

"Yeah I know but that's the way sensei does it, maybe when your Hokage you can change things so how are your studies on seals going, are you ready to move up to the intermediate books yet?" the white haired man asked.

"Yeah that would be great I finished all the beginners books last week so I've had the extra clones working on the Goken taijutsu style Gai-sensei taught me. It's good because while the toad style is defensive the Goken is offense so I can change styles to what is needed for a battle" Naruto said.

"Excellent work gaki you're starting to think like a ninja I'm proud of you. Now keep working and remember to take all your balloons with you to whatever you have to do next week so you can get training in. that way you can show me what you have done when I get back" Jiraiya said.

The pair continued training and sparring till the late in the afternoon when Naruto made his way home and Jiraiya went to the Hokage tower.

(the next day at the hokage tower)

"Hey jiji I need another team for a few weeks, erosennin has left again to perv on women or what ever else he dose when he leaves the village" Naruto said loudly.

"Oh yes Naruto Jiraiya told me you would need a team don't worry I have a C rank mission for the next genin team to come in for a mission" the old hokage said kindly.

It turned out the next team through the door was a very cut up looking team 7 and Kakashi with a struggling Tora in Sasuke's arms.

"Ok team 7 good job catching Tora, now we have a mission to paint a fence, the Inuzukas want there dogs walked and kennels washed, or theres ....." " NO TORA COME BACK" " Catching Tora again" the Hokage said with a small face palm.

"No" the entire of team 7 minus there sensei yelled.

"Well we do have a C rank and your team is the last one to do one Kakashi do you think there ready?" Hiruzen sighed.

"Well there teamwork could be better, but I would say they can handle a C rank no problem" the copy ninja replied.

"Very well and you will have some help on this mission. Naruto Uzumaki, his sensei is out of the village and has requested Naruto aid another squad until he returns" the hokage said.

"Why Naruto, that Baka will only get in our way, I mean he screws everything up" Sakura yelled.

Naruto who had entered moments before had his head down 'Why do I like her again, I mean she is loud and in all honesty has never treated me like a meant anything. I think I just wanted someone popular and smart to like me, well not anymore I'm so through with her' he thought.

"Anyway despite what you think Naruto here is a splendid ninja and will help this mission I'm sure of it now will you send Tazuna-san in please" Hiruzen said loudly.

In walked an old man with a straw had and a large smell of saki he wore slightly banged up clothes and looked a little worse for wear.

"What these are the ninja who are supposed to protect me they look more like school kids to me" the man said indignantly as he looked at the genin.