The Meeting

Chapter 5: The Meeting

"So you came to that conclusion as well Naruto ... Yes, I believe he is alive, that hunter nin seemed off and didn't follow the procedure" Kakashi explained to the room.

"Yeah I read a book Ero-sennin gave me that hunter nin are supposed to cut off the head and burn the body of their targets, so why would he take the body with him unless the hunter ninja was working with Zabuza" Naruto continued.

"Don't you two think you are over thinking things, I mean you checked him yourself Kakashi-sensei?" Sakura said almost pleading herself to be right.

"Yes, but think about what weapon the hunter used senbon needles. It is possible to put a person in a near death state by hitting the pressure points in such a way that it shuts down all noticeable signs of life. No, I think Zabuza will be back in about a week, which means we have to train" Kakashi finished with a look of seriousness on his face to indicate he was deadly serious.

"Um but sensei forgive me, but it seems highly unlikely that we have any hope of defeating someone like Zabuza and a weeks worth of training is not going to change that" Sai said hoping his sensei would see the logic and not have to fight the legendary swordsman.

"Yes, but you won't be fighting Zabuza I will. You will be fighting the fake hunter nin" Kakashi explained.

(Forest clearing 1 hour later)

"Ok today we are going to learn to climb trees," the silver-haired ninja said in a bored tone.

"Um Kakashi-sensei we already know how to climb trees," Sakura said confused why their sensei would think they were that useless.

"I mean climb trees without your hands," the cyclops said not taking his eye off his Icha Icha book.

"He means like this," said Naruto as he walked over to the tree and casually walked up the side.

"Well it seems that you already know this exercise, very good Naruto that means you will come with me and help me guard the bridge builder" Kakashi said 'hm maybe I can use this chance to teach him something seeing as Jiraiya-sama took him as a pupil and I didn't get the chance'.

"Um can I bring some of my balloons to work on my exercise for Ero-sennin then," Naruto asked.

"Sure thing now the rest of you" he took out three kunai and threw them on the ground at their feet use those to mark your progress up the tree. I will leave a clone here to watch your progress" Kakashi made a shadow clone and left the clearing quickly followed by Naruto.

"Hn it can't be hard to do at all if dobe can do it" Sasuke sneered.

"Yeah I mean he was just trying to show off. I bet you get this first go Sasuke-kun" Sakura said fawning over her crush and obsession.

"Hm it seems dickless is trying to hide the fact that he is angry that someone can do something he can't by hiding behind his arrogance," Sai said in a matter of fact tone.

"Shut up Sai Baka, what would you know. Sasuke-kun will have this down in no time just wait and see" screeched the banshee causing all others in the clearing to wince.

(Bridge 30 Minute's Later)

Naruto was sitting on the side of the bridge still trying to prevent his balloons from exploding on him and producing another from a sealing scroll after every failed attempt.

Kakashi on the other hand was watching the blond with great interest 'he's so close to completing it, yet the file I have on him says he was the dead last and had poor ninjutsu skills unable to create a standard clone, well I guess it's no wonder he can't use the standard Bushin no Jutsu it requires so little chakra it must have been like trying to fill a thimble with a garden hose and not spill a drop' he thought watching the boy get frustrated after holding the balloon for 15 seconds only to lose concentration and have it pop.