Journey to Wave

Chapter 4: Wave

"Naruto, don't kill the client .... ... its bad for business" the Hokage chuckled.

"Ok Jiji, for you," Naruto said putting his kunai away before going to stand next to Kakashi.

"So I say we meet at the west gate in one hour," Kakashi said before he disappeared via a shunshin.

(One Hour Later West Gate)

Naruto was looking at a rather confusing site it seemed like Sakura was trying to dispel Kakashi as tho he were a genjutsu. Naruto had learned about dispelling genjutsu from one the scrolls his clones had read, and Kurenai sensei had helped him be able to dispel and detect some basic genjutsu when he had some missions with team 8.

"Were is that Naruto Baka. I can't believe he would be late just goes to show how useless he is. He's nothing like Sasuke-kun" Sakura said.

"What do you mean Sakura, Naruto is in that tree over there, he's been there before I got here although he is doing a good job hiding his presence," Kakashi said.

The three stunned genin turned around to see Naruto lazily leaning against a tree branch.

'How did I not notice him. I mean come on he wears bright orange' seethed Sasuke.

"Well, shall we get going this mission isn't going to complete its self" the blond joyfully spoke.

"You're a weird one aren't you gaki" Tazuna spoke.

"Maybe but I'm starting to think a lot of great ninjas have odd quirks. For example, Kakashi-san here obviously likes to read my sensei's perverted books in public. And there is this crazy snake lady that basically lives at training ground 44 who has a thing for blood" Naruto said shivering at the memory. He and Jiraiya had gone to train in the forest of death, only for his sensei to leave him upon the arrival of one Anko Mitarashi.

"Anyway we should go, Naruto where is your stuff," the silver-haired ninja asked.

"Got it here Kakashi-san" Naruto responded pulling out a few scrolls from his small backpack.

Kakashi nodded and the small group headed out towards the wave.

(Several Hours Later On The Road to Wave)

"Naruto Baka what are you doing with those balloons, you're just trying to be the center of attention your never going to be as good as Sasuke" the Pinkett screeched.

"I'm doing an exercise my sensei left for me. And I'm almost finished it anyway, so why does it bother you" Naruto responded.

"Naruto is right maybe if you did some exercise's dickless over there will pay more attention to you," Sai said causing Naruto and Kakashi to chuckle and Sakura and Sasuke to go red in anger.

Kakashi was watching the blond very closely he had known immediately what the exercise was and knew how close the knucklehead was to completing his sensei's prized Jutsu. 'Jiraiya-sama how much has Naruto improved from the dead last in the class if he is this close to finishing the Rasengan only three months after graduation' Kakashi thought.

Several hours later Naruto noticed what looked like two relatively large puddles on the ground and then realization kicked in.'hang on everything else is so dry how could there be those puddles when it looks like it hasn't rained in weeks' Naruto looked to Kakashi who glanced back and faintly nodded indicating that this was indeed a genjutsu.

The group walked past the puddles. But when Naruto and Kakashi felt a chakra spike they immediately turned around to see what looked like two Kiri ninja with breathing devices on. They charged at Kakashi but missed the fact he used a kawarimi to substitute with a log. Naruto quickly jumped into action producing five shadow clones and sent them to intercept the two ninja who were making a dash for Tazuna. Getting in the way two clones successfully stalled the missing ninjas while a third pinned the chain connecting them to the ground.