Chapter 25: Love is a distraction

The next day.........

Edward's P.O.V.

I went to school early so I could see my beatiful girlfriend, Alison. No, I meant Cassidy. It's really confusing between the both of them. My mind says that it's Cassidy but my heart belongs to Alison. It always belonged to Alison and no one could replace her. Speaking of Alison, I didn't see her in the rest of the classes yesterday so that kinda made me worry. Some people said that she just left school with tears running down her face but Alison is strong so I know that it couldn't have happened. Some says that she ditched but she's not that kind of person.

I see Cassidy by her locker putting her things in. I put my arms around her waist and I kiss her cheek. She suddenly starts hitting me with her book.

"I have a boyfriend, you freak!" She shouts while continuing to hit me with her book. I guess she didn't see my face.

"Hey, it's me. PLS stop. It's just me." I say as I put my hands in defense. As soon as she seen my face, she dropped the book and started to rush over to me.

"Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry. I didn't know it was you." She said as she tried to find all my injuries.

"Yeah, I could tell." I said.

"Sorry...." She trailed off.

"It's fine and I never knew you were feisty." I say and she giggles slightly.

"Well, you know li-" she gets cut off by the sound of the school doors opening. I see a girl walking through the hallway and every guy is drooling over her. I would too but something about her is familiar. She starts walking closer in our direction and I know who she is.

"Alison?!?!?!" I said shockingly. This was not her. She is wearing heavy make-up and she's technically showing off her body. She isn't the adorable Alison she is. Something is wrong.

"You want anything?" She asks slightly irritated. I don't remember doing something wrong.

"No, I was ju-"

"If you don't want anything, then get out of my face." She said walking away while swaying her hips.

Man! What's her problem? As far as I remember, I didn't do anything to her but I know it's something involving me and I'm going to find out one way or another.

Alison's P.O.V.

All I had to do is make myself fashionably late and snap at some people then I'm already the school's bad girl. I really like this personality. You get totally be yourself with no rules to hold you back. I should've been this way before.

I head to class which I'm like 30 minutes late for. But who cares, right? I open the door and see that everyone is staring at me. Probably because I used to be a goody two-shoes but not anymore.

"Ms. Jasper, care to explain why you're late?" The teacher asks. I was about to say that time just flew away faster that I thought but then I remembered that I'm the school's bad girl. I have to start acting like it.

"Well, I just don't care if I'm late or not but let's say that I came late purposely." I say while crossing my arms and smirking at everyone who had shocked expressions.

"Ms. Jasper, I will not tolerate that behavior on my class." She says strictly.

"Then kick me out of class, see if I care." I reply.

"I did not expect this from you. Just take a seat next to Mr. Tuff (Edward)." I just roll my eyes at her. I sit next to Edward and he also has a shocked expression on his face.

"Ok, let's continue discussing. I want to know what love feels like for you kids because it's new to you so does anyone want to share their experience?" She asks the class but no one volunteers to share. Her eyes quickly glance over to Edward.

"Mr. Tuff, maybe you have something to share." She says as she tells Edward to stand up.

"Love is unpredictable, the good and the bad can happen. It's all a mystery. It may be mixed signals like puzzle pieces but when you put them together. You'll find happiness and that's what love is about." He says. Everyone just softly claps for his short speech, even the teacher. I just scoff at the answer but the teacher heard it. I'm so dead.

"Ms. Jasper want to add anything?" She asks. I was about to say I didn't care but something about her look told me that she won't take 'no' for an answer.

"Love is a distraction. When you think about it, all of us have problems but we don't mind them when we're in love. It distracts us from our real problems and makes more ridiculous and senseless problems like 'what should I wear for our date?'. Love makes you feel like you found your soulmate and makes you think about your future together. It makes you feel different and it makes you different person but at the end of that day, your heart just gets broken. Love is just a fairytale and fairy tales don't come true. Love is stupid." I say and look at everyone. They all have schooled expression like before. I may be bad but that doesn't mean that I can't give a speech.

I look beside to me to see Edward with his head bowed down. I guess he now knows that he's the reason for all of this. I suddenly heard the ball rang for the next period. I just got my bag and stormed out of the classroom. I didn't want to hear anyone comments or reactions. I quickly went to the parking lot and went in my car. I'm a bad girl so might as well ditch.

---------------

Edward's P.O.V.

I have no idea what's going on with Alison. The only thing I know is that when she have her love is distraction speech, I was the only person she didn't look at. I know it's about me but I can't see mr o find the meaning of it. I never really ditched school but Alison is way more important. I run to the front gate to see Alison getting in her car. I quickly hop over to mine and follow her. I know this seems like I'm a stalker but there is something I need to know.

I follow her until I see that she stopped at a warehouse. This seems a little weird. I parked my car like a block away so she wouldn't see it. I trail after but I keep my distance. She doesn't go inside the warehouse but around it. I see her go to the back and I follow her there until my phone had a notification. I run to the wall so she couldn't see me. I felt that she looked back but looked away. I took a peek and I saw that she's sitting on a bench looking at the view. I only noticed now that we're in a harbor.

I take a step closer expecting her to hear me but she's wearing earphones. I sit beside her but she doesn't notice because she's still staring into the view.

"Hey" I say and she jumped out of shock. She looked shocked.

"Did you follow me here?" She asked but more of shouted at me.

"Yes I did." I say calmly.

"What the hell is wrong with you? You don't just follow people." She says as she tries to walk away. I grab her arm and make her look at me.

"Something was wrong with you and I know that it invloves me." I say.

"Why do you care? Shouldn't you rather makeout with your girlfriend." She said as she snatches her arm away from me.

Alison's P.O.V.

Stupid! I just basically told him why I changed. I ran away from him. I was going to enter my car but he pinned my hands at the window of the car and he kissed me.

And I kissed back........