Chapter 21: You broke me

Edward's P.O.V.

It's such a beautiful day today. I look out the window and see the sun shining so brightly. I went downstairs and saw a note on the fridge.

'Breakfast is on the table. I had to go to work early. Love, Mom'

I sat down on a chair and ate my breakfast. I went to my room and did everything I needed to do. I went on my phone and checked my email. I saw that there was a mail from an unknown number. I clicked that and I saw a picture of a girl kissing a boy. The boy looked our age but I kept looking at the girl. She looked so familiar so I zoomed in the photo but I couldn't see who she was. There were other photos in different angles but I still couldn't see who it was. I looked at the last photo and the faces were so clear. The girl kissing the boy was.... Alison. The boy wasn't me so she was cheating on me. I quickly got my keys and drove to her house.

I knocked on her door and she was the one who opened it. She smiled at me like nothing happened. The anger, frustration and rage were just building in me.

"HOW DO YOU EXPLAIN THIS?!?!?!?!" I shouted at her while showing her the photo from my phone. Her eyes widened.

"Edward PLS let me explain." She said.

"Go ahead explain." I said coldly as I leaned on her doorframe.

"I-I w-was c-caught in the m-moment." She shuttered.

"I can't believe you cheated on me after everything I have done for you. I can't believe this. You know what? WERE THROUGH." I shouted at her. I walked away and got in my car. I drove to my house speeding. I went to my room and slammed the door shut. The worst part is that she didn't stop me. She didn't call my name, she didn't want me to stay and give her a chance, she just stood there.

I sat on my bed and instead of feeling sad, I felt rage, disappointment and anger. I started trashing my room. I ripped my posters and started flipping over my bed. I continued trashing me room until I saw the necklace that we both had (chapter 9). I gave her the other peice of the necklace so she would be with me. I got the necklace saw flipped it over. I saw what I engraved on it.

'When you play a chord with another person playing, they produce one sound. That's you and me. No matter how different we are, we will be together. It's not Alison then Edward. It's Alison and Edward. We are one.'

I remember our first date, I remember everything. I got all our pictures together and put it in a garbage bag. I got the other half of the necklace and stuffed it in my back pocket. I got a lighter and some matches. I went into my dad's room and opened a compartment. I got a bottle of vodka. I don't want to remember anything, she hurt me too much. It's painful just thinking about it.

I ran to a dark alley and got the bag full of pictures. I put the bag in the corner and got the matches and lit up the bag. I watched the fire burn all the pictures. I realize that even though the time spent with Alison can not be replaced then I have to move on. I want to remove everything from my head and forget about her completely. I watched the fire until it all turned into ashes. I went to a lake and got the necklace from my back pocket. I looked at it and remembered all the moments with Alison. I suddenly started crying. I put my hand back, getting ready to throw it but I couldn't. I went on my knees and looked at the necklace again. I put it in my back pocket and stood up.

I got the bottle of vodka and opened it. I drank it and swallowed it. It tasted terrible but the aftertaste was good. I drank the whole bottle and things started becoming blurry. I'm doing this to forget the pain. I couldn't control my actions anymore. I was walking through a familiar street and started climbing a tree. I went on the branch that connected the tree to a window. This looks familiar but I couldn't tell because I was drunk. I kept tapping on window until I saw a figure open it.