Chapter 19: I know what love feels like

Alison's P.O.V.

I was about to sleep until I heard someone talking to me.

"I love you"

That phrase made my heart melt. It really means so much to me that I could be holding my soulmate right now.

"I love you too" I replied as I smiled and even though my eyes were closed, I knew he was smiling to. I hugged him tighter and I could feel him wrapping his arms around me to make me feel safe. I was thinking of him until I drifted off to sleep.

Edward's P.O.V.

Alison was sleeping so peacefully for 30 minutes until the bell rang. I didn't mind her sleeping on my chest but we had to go because class was starting soon and free period was over. I look over to Alison who was still peacefully sleeping on my shoulder. I gently shake her and she yawns as she stretches.

"Is free period over?" She asked as she yawned.

"It is so how was your sleep?" I asked while getting up.

"Great, I feel refreshed now." She said as she stood up and fixed her clothes.

"So you ready to go to class?" I asked as I got my bag and handed her hers.

"Yeah, let's go." She said as she wore her backpack.

The rest of the periods were boring but I always sat beside Alison in the classes so it was kind of happy. Sometimes, I intertwined our hands underneath the table and kiss her cheek when the teacher wasn't looking.

After the bell rang, we fixed our things and headed to the cafeteria. I told Alison that I would get her food so I told her just to wait in the garden. We've been eating there for a long time now. Anyways, I kissed her cheek and told her that I would be back soon.

Alison's P.O.V.

I just waited at the garden and saw Sophia and her friends coming towards me. She changed a lot, I guess that being popular is more important than having real friends. She walked up to me and gave me a disgusted look, she told her friends to give us a minute then she got my things and threw to the ground.

"Don't get them." She said as she was blocking me.

"And why not?" I replied as I pushed her out of the ways of get my
things.

"Do you really think Edward loves you?" She asked. When she said that, I stood up and confidently stood up for my self.

"He loves me more than you and that's all I need to know." I said as I stood infront of her.

"Oh, really because one time he said that you are a worthless piece of trash and you're a waste of time. He said that you're deadweight. You can't do anything right and that you have the most terrible voice he ever heard." She said as she walked away. I didn't have time to reply to her. She quickly walked away with a satisfied smirk.

When she was out of my sight, I fell down to my knees and started crying. I hugged knees and curled up like a ball. I couldn't stop crying. There were some many questions in my head like "Does he really love me?" or "Were all the things she said true. I cried and sobbed until I heard a voice of a person that I didn't want to hear.

Edward's P.O.V.

When I got our food, I saw Sophia pass by. She had a smirk so I knew she did something. I walked to the garden and I saw someone crying. I put down the tray or food on the railing and I walked to that person. I knew who it was, it was Alison. Sophia must've did something to her.

"Alison, is that you?" I asked as she shot her head up. I saw her red eyes and dried tear stains on her cheeks.

"Get away from me!" She said as she walked away fast.

"Alison, what did she tell you? I can help you if you tell me what's wrong." I said as I continued following her.

"The problem is you." She said as she stopped walking and turned to face me. She looked like she was crying for so long and I wasn't there. She tuned way and started walking faster. I stood in that spot trying to process everything until I ran and stopped in front of her.

"PLS tell me, what's wrong?" I said as she looked down.

"Why did you break me?" She replied.

"I don't understand." I said. I was confused right now. I don't remember break her.

"You thought that I was just a peice of trash and that I was worthless. What kind of person would tell that? You didn't love me, you just played with my feeling and broke me. Now you know that's wrong." She said as she looked at me. She had was hurt and the pain was shown in her eyes.

"Alison, I never said those things. Whoever told that to you must be jealous because you are the most beautiful girl in the world." I said I approached and cupped her cheeks.

"You're just joking." She said as she backed away and removed my head. She looked down so I could see the tears about to fall.

"Hey, look at me." I said as I lifted her chin with my index finger.

"I know that this is our first relationship and they usually don't work out but I want this to work out. When I was kid, my dad used to tell me 'If you knew how love feels like, you would never want to get rid of the feeling. Find that girl and you know that you fell in love with her. I'm going to go but I promise I'll come back and when I do, I want to see a big smile on your face telling me that you found her and you're never going to let her go.' My dad told me that before he left me and my mom. I never saw him again, it was 5 years and if I had the chance to talk to him again and find out where he is, I would smile big like was he said and I would him tell that I found my girl and I know how it feels like. I never told anyone about my dad and my mom didn't even know that he said that to me. I found that girl and that girl is you. I now know how love feels like because of you. I never want to let go and I'm never going to. " I said I cupped her cheeks again but this time, she didn't remove my hand.

"I know you're scared but I'm scared too. Maybe I'm scared that you mean more to me than any other person. If you left, I would be brokem and that's what I'm scared of. You're the only one who can break me and if you do the you have to know that you're the only person who can put me back again. I know that people are going to tear us apart like Sophia and we might have problems. We have ups and downs but I'm willing to face them if I know that you are beside me. I know we can't fix or stop them all but I promise that you don't have to face them alone. I'm always gonna be here." I said as I went close to her. She smiled but it immediately turned to a frown.

"That's the sweetest thing anyone has ever said to be but I still don't believe that you love me." She said as started backing away.

"If I had to choose between Loving you or Breathing, I would use my last breath to tell you that I love you and before I close my eyes and exhale my last breath, I want to hear a person saying 'I love too' " I said. She stopped backing away and ran towards me. She ran in my arms and hugged me.

"I love you too." She said.

I immediately smashed my lips against her sand she started kissing back. We didn't pull away for 20 seconds and I could see her smiling.

"We better go eat lunch." I said as I grabbed her hand and went back to the garden.

Alison's P.O.V.

For lunch, we talked a lot but I can't forget what happened earlier. His dad sound wise and smart. It must be sad that he ran away from his son and wife.

I can't believe that Edward told me that if it was his last breath, he would say I love you. I know what love feels like and I don't want to ever let go. I would be the person to say I love you too.