Chapter 18: I love you

Edward's P.O.V.

I woke up to the sound of my alarm ringing. It's 7:20. Oh shoot! I am late. I only have 10 minutes to get ready. I quickly changed to my clothes and styled my hair really fast. I didn't even have enough time to put gel. I quickly got an apple and ran outside my house. I ran to my car and speeding. I went to the parking lot and there were still people outside the classroom. I really didn't want to ruin my perfect attendance. I quickly walked to my locker and got my books.

"Hey, why are you sweating a lot?" Alison said as she started leaning on the lockers beside mine. I tried to catch my breath before responding to her. She started laughing quietly as I was panting.

"I was late so I rushed to school." I said while sticking my tongue out like a dog.

"Oh, okay." She said with a weird face while giggling. Her giggle is so adorable.

"So...... Vanilla Chocolate Swirl, how are you?" I said trying to make a conversation. She rolled her eyes at my nickname and clearly, she didn't like it.

"Please don't call me that and I'm good. How about you?" She replied.

"I will not stop calling you that because it's cute. Aside from me being so tired and sweating then I'm perfectly fine. How are your brothers?" I asked.

"Annoying as usual. I don't even know how you talk to them." She said.

"Guys understand each other." I said while closing my locker and getting my books.

"Toućhe" she said with a weird face which made me laugh a little bit.

"So you want hangout after school?" I asked hoping she would say yes.

"Can't, I have tutor after school." She said. I was sad but I just hid my frown.

"Oh, okay so what's your first class?" I asked while looking at my schedule.

"Math, how about you?" She asked.

"Science." I replied.

Suddenly, the ball rang and students were entering their classrooms. I opened my bad first to see if I have anything missing. I was all complete so I closed my bad and hanged it on my shoulders. Alison and I hugged before going to our classrooms. She was walking away but I got her attention.

"So see you later, alligator." I said while she stopped in her tracks and turned around to look at me.

"See you in a while crocodile." She said as she started walking to her classroom. I walked to my classroom and luckily, the teacher wasn't there yet.

I walked in my classroom and all eyes were on me. People are still not forgetting the paint incident but I don't feel embarrassed at all. I take a seat in the front because I really like to listen in class and the teacher usually calls the students in the back. I take off my bag and put it under my table while I still try to fix my hair because it's still messy. Our teacher, Ms. Parker walked in the classroom. We all payed attention because she was the strictest teacher you would ever meet. She was holding a poster and taped it to the front.

"Class, there will be a talent show wherein you can perform and show your best talent. All the teacher, parents and staff will be watching. This talent show will also be a competition. The winner gets to get a trophy and will get to display his/her talent in the upcoming events. This is just a poster that gives you all the details. The signup sheet is on the wall near the stairs. So any questions?" She said.

I was interested in this. I think of this as an oppurtunity to find myself. I may like music but my mom also wants me to go into business so I can become the owner of her store. I looked around and saw some people nervous so I guess that they're are going to perform. I looked back at the teacher and actually payed attention to her in class. After the bell rang, I was fixing my bag and about to get off my seat until Sophia and her friends approached me. Sophia has been popular since the 'paint' incident. She slammed on the table but I wasn't intimated or scared so I didn't flinch.

"So I hear that you'll be performing in the talent show." She said.

"Yeah, why?" I asked.

"Just saying that if you participate, paint will be over you when you're done." She replied while her friends were just giving reactions.

"You don't threaten me at all." I said standing up and stepping close to her.

"We'll see on what will happen. Just watch out." She said as she did a hair flip and walked away. I hate her so much but I know that there is still a part of her that innocent.

I exited my class and went to my next one. When I entered, people were talking so loud which made an unbearable noise. I looked at the board and it said "free period". I saw Alison sitting in a corner and she didn't see me yet so I could suprise her. She was writing on her notebook so she didn't pay attention to anything. I walked behind her and hugged her from behind. I put my head on her shoulder and she continued writing.

"What are you writing about?" I asked.

"Just drawing wierd and random things." She said as she closed the book and put inside her backpack. She leaned on me and slightly smiled.

"It's free period, what do you want to do?" I asked as I turned her around to face me.

"I want sleep and rest." She said while yawning.

"I think the entire school wants to do that." I said.

"I'm really tired. I couldn't finish a song because I had a writer's block so I stayed up all night to finish the song." She said as she tried to lean on the wall.

"Could you sing it?" I asked.

"Nope, too tired." She said.

I dragged her outside and brought her to the garden. This is my 'place of thought' so she could sleep here because no really goes here anymore. I made her sit on a bench as I put my arm around her. She nuzzled up to my chest.

"Just go ahead and sleep, I don't mind." I said as she started closing her eyes.

"Wake me up when free period is over." She said with her eyes closed.

After 5 minutes, she started breathing heavily and she stopped moving. She was already sleeping. I leaned on her head and I feel her moving closer to me. Right now, personal space didn't exist. This very moment gave me butterflies and knowing that Alison is mine made me feel like the happiest man in the world. This is wierd though because I'm feeling something I never felt before. Love. I'm in love with Alison and this is great. I've fallen hard for her and now it's love. I now know what it feels like.

I leaned close to her ear and I know she can't hear me which is good because I don't know how to tell her.

"I love you." I whispered in her ear.

She clung onto me tighter and she smiled. She mumbled something that shocked me.

"I love you too."