Chapter 8: What a day!

No one's P.O.V. (3rd person)

2 months later....

Alison and Edward had a healthy relationship for these past months. They don't always talk to each other because studies gets harder and neither of them are doing a good job. They have agreed to focus on studies for now but they occasionally hangout. Each time they are with each other, they make the most out of the time they have. They still eat together in lunch and sometimes they get flirty with each other. Alison has been hanging out with Derek lately to catch up and Edward has been pretty jealous but he still trusts Alison that nothing is ever going to happen with them. Sean is in good terms with Alison and they're friends and he has got back together with Franceine and everyone friends and there is no conflict between any of them. Alison and Edward had never went on a date but Edward is going to ask her after exams. The exams are pressuring everyone to study.

-Text Convo-

Alison: Hey, are you still awake?

Edward: Yeah I am but I'm so sleepy. 😴😴😴😴😴

Alison: Then, why don't you sleep? Besides it's like 6:00 pm. It's no shame to at least take a nap.

Edward: Exams are pressuring especially because our first exam is Math. It's so tricky.

Alison: No it's not, it's actually pretty easy.

Edward: Really? Then, why don't you tutor me?

Alison: You know what, I will. I'm coming over be there in 10 minutes.

Alison's P.O.V.

I was packing all my things and just triple checking if I brought everything. Hm..... Calculator-check, Math textbook-check, scratch paper-check, etc... I guess that I have everything. I ran downstairs and grabbed my jacket while carrying my backpack. My mom's not home for the night so I guess it could be okay if I went to Edward's house.

When I arrived at his house and knocked on the door, his mom gave me a smile.

"It's nice to see you again, Ms. Tuff" I said causing her to smile more and moving aside so I can enter,

"Edward is upstairs and please call me Elizabeth." She replied. I nodded then climbed up the stairs. I could easily tell Edward's room because in front of the door says "Edward's room". I knocked gently in case he might be sleeping because he said that he's tired. After 10 seconds, he opened his door and flashed me a smile. He moved aside so I can enter.

"I'm glad that you could make it." He said as he sat down on his bed.

"Well, you needed me so I'm here." I smile when I sit beside him.

"Well I do need you but not for Math." He said while I blushed and he started to fix things in his room.

"So let's start." I reached for my bag and got everything I needed. I was about to flip the textbook to a certain page but he grabs my hand gently and comes close to me.

"Wait before we start, I can ask you question." He asked.

"Ok, but just saying you already did ask a question." I replied.

"Why do you like music?" He asked. I thought the question would be serious but I appreciate that he has a passion as strong as mine for music.

"Because I can express my self in it. If I'm sad, I either make a sad song or sing a sad song. I also like music it completes me. When I play guitar or any instrument, it feels like I'm not just playing it, it feels like I'm playing with it. So how about you?" I asked. He stared into my hazel eyes until I melted with his eyes.

"I like music because no one can judge me for it. I sing/play me heart out and if people didn't like it, then that their problem because it's me. I don't think of it as just a sound or a representation of notes. I think of it as a way that you can express yourself and a passion." He replied. I don't know why but after hearing his answer, I feel like I've known him my whole life. He smiles and looks at me.

"I really like you, Alison." He said. I feel like my heart is beating too fast when he said that.

"Well, let's just review you for Math, the exam in tomorrow. I said. I wanted to confess my feelings but I just had to make sure he could understand what I have to say.

After 2 hours of studying

"It's 8:00 pm already, I need to go." I said. He slightly nods and he helps me pack my things until one of the paper falls. I bent to get it and so did he and we both grabbed it at the same time. He touched my hand and I blushed. I snapped out of it and stood up. He did too.

"Would you like to go on a date with me on Friday after the exams?" Did he just ask me out, I am freaking on the inside but I'm trying to act cool on the outside.

"Yes, I would love to." I hugged him when I said that. He was shocked but hugged me back. I want to be in his arms forever but I snapped back to reality and pulled away, we both started blushing but I was more red than him. He offered to go walk with me to my house. We were in front of my door.

"So I'll see you in school tomorrow." He said. I nod and he walks away. I look at him while he was walking away from my house. He's on the side walk and he waves his hand goodbye and I wave back and smile. I went in my house. I rushed to my room and closed the door. I'm blushing so much and lean on the wall. I slide down and look at the hand that fit into his earlier. I think to myself "What a day!"