Chapter 20: Happy Birthday!

Alison's P.O.V.

I'm so excited and in case you guys didn't know. It's my birthday tomorrow and I'm so excited. Right now, I'm jumping up and down my bed and I know that this seems childish but Edward has been hiding something and I think it's something big so I'm just excited for his suprise. It's 8:37 PM and I'm bored so I just text Edward.

-Text Convo-

Alison: Hey, r u still awake?

Edward: yeah, why?

Alison: I can't sleep

Edward: Yeah me too.

Alison: Can u come over?

Edward: I could but do you think that your parents will allow that.

Alison: I can only sleep when you're around.

Edward: How about I sing to you until you fall asleep and when you do, I'll just end the call.

Alison: Ok, I'll call u.

-End of text convo-

I called Edward and after 3 rings he picked up.

-Phone Convo-

"So what's the real reason why you can't sleep?" He asked on the phone.

"I'm just very excited for tomorrow." I said.

"Ok, just get some rest and sleep, we have big day ahead." He said.

"Aren't you going to sing to me?" I asked.

"I wish I could but until now I'm still doing my homework." He said.

"You do know, that it's a Friday so you can do your homework tomorrow or on Sunday." I said.

"Yeah but tomorrow, I'll spend my entire day with you and Sunday is a family day so I have to do it today." He replied.

"Ok goodnight" I said as I made kissy noises on the phone

"Goodnight" He said as he hung up.

-End of Phone Convo-

The next day........

I woke up and looked at the clock, it's 9:30 am. I yawned and stood up. I suddenly remembered what day it is and I almost screamed but I remembered that everyone is still sleeping. I quickly dressed up and ran downstairs. I didn't see any one and the hose was completely empty. I looked at the dining room and saw a plate with food on it. There was a note beside it.

'Hey, I know you must be confused on where everyone is. Just eat the plate of food and follow this clue.

I'm a hopeless romantic but when I look at you, I'm hopeful. Another thing makes me and you hopeful. You can dance, sing to it and it makes you do random things. If you know where it is, go to the only person there and tell her/him your name.'

Hmmm...... A thing that were both hopeful. Music. I have to go to his mom's music store. I quickly went in my car and drove to him mom's music store. I opened the door and the store was completely empty. I looked around until I saw a grand piano. I saw a note on top.

'So no one is around. I know that you would be interested in this piano and that's exactly why I put a note here. Remember when we sang with each other for the first time. It was in a music room and you caught me singing. Play that exact song on this piano and you'll get your next clue.'

To be honest, this is tiring. I remember the song and I played it on a the piano. When I pressed a note on the paino, it wouldn't work. This paino looked new so it can't be broken. I lifted the back of the piano and saw rose petals in a shape of a heart. Inside the heart was a note.

'Go to my place of thought and I know you're tired so this is the last stop.'

I'm happy that this is the last but I can't believe that he planned all of this for me. I drove to school and surprisingly the door was open. I was walking around the hallway when someone tapped me on the shoulder.

"Wear this blindfold." He said like he wasn't taking no for an answer.

"Fine." I said while putting the blindfold and tying it at the back. He grabbed my hand and led me around. He heard him open a door. He stopped and let go of my hand. I slowly removed my blindfold.

"SUPRISE!!!!!!!!!!"

I looked around and saw everyone was here, all my friends and even my family. I quickly hugged them.

"Did you guys plan this?" I asked.

"No, the person behind you did." My mom said and pointed at the back. I looked behind me and saw Edward. I quickly ran to him and hugged him. He hugged me back with as much force. It felt like we were in each other's arms forever. We eventually had to pull away.

"You planned this?!?!?" I said while still holding him.

"Of course I did, it's for you." He said as he smiled.

We heard a couple of 'awwws' from the crowd.

"Why?" I asked while cupping his cheeks.

"Because it's you. I would anything for you." He replied.

I quickly smashed my lips to his again. There were cheers in the crowd. He was shocked by my actions but he kissed back. I wrapped my arms around his neck and he wrapped his arms around my waist. We kissed for like 20 seconds before pulling away. We rested our foreheads on each other.

The party was like 4 hours but I didn't open my gifts yet. Everyone headed home any my family brought my gifts with them. Edward and I were walking by the park. He brought my under a tree that served as a shade. We sat down and just talked about life.

"I didn't give you my gift yet." He said.

"You don't need to give me a gift." I replied.

"But I already have it." He said.

"Whatever." I said while he got up infront of me. He extended his hand and I took it and stood up. He kneeled on one knee and I think he's going to ask me to marry him but I'm not ready yet.

"I'm not going to ask you to me marry me." He said and I sighed of relief.

"Oh......" I said.

"I love you with all me life. I want to show the world that you are mine. I know we're young and we do a lot of crazy things. I promise that I will not leave you, I'll be right here. If I hurt you, you can slap or do whatever to express your anger. If I make you cry, I promise you that I will make it up to you. I love you and I can't imagine my life without you. I'm not proposing to you even though I want you to be my future wife, we're still young and I don't want to pressure you. I promise to love you forever no matter what happens. I made my promises so would you accept this promise ring?" He asked.

I nodded and he stood up and hugged me. I have the best life ever, I have a family that supports and a person who loves me. This is the best birthday ever!