Chapter 7: An Old Friend

Alison's P.O.V.

I ran to the fountain after my recent talk with Edward. I know that probably I was to melodramatic just for keeping my privacy but you are still allowed to keep secrets yourself. I mean, I should trust Edward but I also need my own personal space and privacy.

I was crying and sobbing at the fountain, I felt a tap at my shoulder. It might be Edward to try and comfort me or it might be Sean to try and make things worse. He taps my shoulder again and it's becoming annoying. I shake my head so he knows that he should go away. Instead, he puts his things on the edge of the fountain and sighs. He looks at me again but then he focuses in my facial features and soon he has a shocked face.

?????: A-Alison, is that you?

I'm suprised that he knows my name but he doesn't sound familiar so he's not Edward or Sean. I don't want to respond but he might embarass me but I know that I used to know him. I put my head up, wipe my tears and look at him until I realized who it was.

Alison: D-Derek?

Derek: Yeah it's me, I haven't seen you in such a long time.

In case you guys are wondering, he's one of my closest friends and technically my best guy friend. I met him at preschool, he was in my class. Most people have a childhood bully like for me it was Emily. She used to out gum in my hair and tripped and pushed on purpose.

-Flashback-

One time, she was picking on me with her friends and I cried. But suddenly, I saw someone stand in front of me facing Emily and her friends.

Derek: Stop picking on her.

Emily: What if we don't, what are you going to do.

Derek: I'm going to make you stop.

That was the first person to stand up to Emily, I was shocked. She flipped her hair back.

Emily: Let's go girls.

I was alone in the hallway with a stranger that helped. I stopped crying, wiped my tears event though my eyes were red and puffy. I looked at him and mumbled "Thank you"

Derek: No problem sometimes you just need to know when enough is enough.

I slightly smiled and he stretched his arm out offering me help. I grabbed his hand as he helped me up. He smiled back and let go of my hand.

Derek: Well, if you need another hand, you can go and tell me.

He was about to walk away but I shouted "wait" which caught his attention.

Alison: Do you have a name?

Derek: Derek. Derek Rodingite

Alison: Alison Jasper

Derek: Great so I'll see you around.

Ever since that day, we have been best friends. He waited for me everyday before school, we always ate with each other, he invited me to his house. He was probably my best friend. When I left to move to this town, he was waiting at my door but not to convince me to not move but he said that he'll accept whether I go or not. It's really good to see him again. He was also my first crush but I didn't tell him because I was moving that year and it also might jeopardize our friendship. At least I know someone in this school cares for me.

-End of flashback-

Derek: I thought I would never see you again.

Alison: Me too, I missed you so much.

Derek: I miss you too. (Looks at my tears). Why are you crying?

Alison: You know just being new and all. Why did you move here?

Derek: Well, my dad got a job offer and he works here. I was upset dirt but then I remembered that you lived here to so I tried for the school that you were going to.

Alison: So wanna hangout?

Derek: Yeah, sure. I miss those times even though you were just gone for one summer.

Alison: Can't live without me, I see.

Derek: Oh you have no idea.

He suddenly hugged, I was shocked but I hugged back. Sure, it was awkward because he was my bestfriend and we were hugging like a couple. He a really good friend for staying here with me all this years. I suddenly heard footsteps which made us pull away. I look to see Edward.

Edward: Um hey, so are you guys done?

Alison: Edward, this is my best friend Derek and Derek this is my new friend Edward.

Edward's P.O.V.

No! She did not just put me in the friend zone. Once you're in the friend zone, it's hard to get out. I mean I could just be her friend forever and nothing more. I have to make a move, I mean first Sean flirts with her and surprisingly she flirts back. Second, her old friend is back and he might steal her away but I still had to act friendly to this guy. Just for Alison.

Edward: Nice meeting you bro, anyways can I talk to Alison in private?

Derek: Oh, go ahead, we'll just catch up later Alison bye! (Leaves)

Edward: Listen, I'm really sorry for invading your privacy, it's just that you looked really bothered and I couldn't stand it anymore. I want to help you with every problem you have and try to fix it. I want to be by your side all the time so you would know that I care.

Alison: That's really sweet but next time mind my privacy and it if gets our of hand, I will tell you.

Edward: So you're not mad at me?

Alison: How could I be mad at someone who cares?

She hugged me and I was shocked but I put my arm around her and started hugging her. Then, we were walking back to the cafeteria.

Alison: And Edward, don't worry because he's just an old friend.