Chapter 23: Friends

Edward's P.O.V.

School was starting again and if you were wondering, it was spring break when all the drama happened. Today, I had to face Alison but I don't want to tell her a moved on but that's not exactly true. I still love her but what she did to me, really hurt me. I just need some more time to think but time is the thing that I'm lacking. I walked in school to see that all of the guys surrounding a girl. I approach the crowd and I see................. Cassidy. She sees me and mouths 'help me'. I walk over to her and drag her really fast into the Janitor's closet.

"You didn't tell me that you study here." I say to her while looking outside to see if anyone saw us.

"I'm new and thanks for helping me." She says.

"No problem so do you have your schedule and locker combo." I ask.

"I was going to get it but on the way, I got mobbed by a group of guys. So many guys here are flirts and players." She said while giggling. I can't help but chuckle by her dorkiness.

"Here I'll help you." I say as we exit the janitor's closet.

We see a group of jocks and players then approached her earlier. I feel her tense when she sees them. I put my arm around her and kiss her cheek when they pass by. They all had shocked looks at ther face and so did Cassidy.

We make it to the principal's office and ask the secretary for her schedule and her locker key. She leaves to get it and I forgot that I still had my arm around her. I quickly pulled it away and scratched the back of my neck.

"Why did you do that?" She asks me.

"They are a lot of jocks and players in this school and if you feel uncomfortable, I can just pretend to be your boyfriend. I'm not that popular that why they had shocked faces when I kissed your cheek." I say as a pop my collar.

"Wow" she says.

The secretary comes back with a paper that has her locker combo and schedule, she hands Cassidy a handbook of all the rules and blah, blah, blah. Before we exit, I put my arm around her. She looks at me and I quickly remove my arm.

"No, it's okay." She says.

"Okay" I say as I put my arm around her. I feel her lean her head on my chest and we both smile at each other. We leave the office and see that a person is there standing with a shocked expression in their face. She was tearing up but quickly wiped away her tears. Cassidy didn't notice but I did.

"Hi, my name is Alison. I heard that you're new here." She said, extending her hand. It was easy to tell that she tried her best no to make her voice crack.

"Nice to meet you. My name is Cassidy." She says as she shakes Alison's hand.

"Well, I'll see you guys later." She says as she leaves.

"She seems nice." Cassidy says.

"Yeah........." I say as we go to our first class which is Math.

We walk to our Math class to see that our teacher is not yet here. I sit down at my usual place. Cassidy sits down next to me. This feels weird because usually me and Alison sit together. Well, I guess I have to get used to it.

The teacher went in and checked the attendance and do more stuff like that. He discussed about Geometry and blah, blah, blah but my mind was already occupied with something else. I was staring at Alison but she didn't glance back at me. I couldn't take this anymore so when the bell rang, I saw Alison storm out of the classroom. I quickly catch up to her and grab her by the waist. I brought her to the Janitor's closet before she could say anything. This is weird because I already went to the Janitor's closet today to talk with Cassidy.

"Why did you bring me here?" She said snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Because we need to talk." I replied.

"Talk about what?" She asked.

"Us" I said.

Alison's P.O.V.

When he said us, I froze. I was shocked. But I remembered that I can't fall for his charm again because he moved on and he seems happy with that other girl. I have to show him that I can move on. I don't want to ruin his happiness and probably find happiness for myself too.

"What about us?" I ask trying to the happiness in my voice so I asked as if I was annoyed.

"Why couldn't you look at me today?" He asks.

"Because I'm trying to move on." I reply. I could see hurt in his eyes when I said that.

"Oh........" He said as he looked down.

"Probably we should just be friends." I say. He looked up.

"But I don't want to be friends." He mumbled but I still heard him but I'm going to pretend like I didn't hear anything.

"Come on, probably it's for the best." I sys trying to encourage him. This still hurts me but probably we should just end it now before our realtionship becomes a lot more and it will be more painful then.

"I guess so......" He says.

"So friends?" I ask extending my hand for him to shake.

"Yeah..... Friends." He replied with hesitation.

We exited and I started walking around. Did I is it friend zone a guy that I like. What did I do?