Chapter 3: The confession

Alison's P.O.V.

I was waiting at the entrance gate looking for Edward. I don't even know why we were assigned as partners, all I know is that I'm not gonna fall for him because Love is stupid. I'm not gonna wait for love to knock on my door. I know how it turns out and it's scary. You don't know if it will hurt you. I suddenly felt someone tap my shoulder.

Edward: You ready to go now?

Alison: Yeah, let's just get this over with.

Edward: Alright, come follow me.

We then walked in his house and I was greeted by his mom.

Mom: Oh you back home already so who's you friend.

Edward: Hey mom, this is Alison, we were supposed to work on our chemistry assignment.

Alison: Nice to meet you, Ms. Tuff.

Edward: So we will be upstairs in my room if you need us.

He got my hand and intertwined. While he was dragging me up the stairs, I sort of blushed but I decided not to tell him. He closed the door, took off his coat and threw his back pack at the other side of the room. He offered me to take out my coat and give it to him so he can hang it. He is such a gentleman.

Edward P.O.V

As she was zoning out, I wanted to take advantage so I stared at her. She was just beautiful, pretty and she's different. She suddenly snapped out of it and I looked back to the paper we were writing on.

Edward: Do you want to start now?

Alison: Sure

After hours of studying, she had to go home. I never thought that, I would have such a great time near her. Every time I look at her, it isn't the same. I wanted her to stay so much but she really wanted to go home. She told where she lives and it we ended up being neighbors. I walked her to her house but before she left. I grabbed her wrist and told her.....

Edward: So here's the thing, I ummm..... I l-lo

Alison: You what?

Edward: Promise me that when I tell you, this won't affect the friendship we sort of have.

Alison: Alright, I promise so what is it that you want to tell me?

Edward: So when I first met you in the bus, I kinda thought that you were really pretty and when we became partners, I was really happy inside. You are just so beautiful, talented, smart, kind and different so what I wanted to say is that I like you... Like a lot.

Alison: Edward... I-I don't know what to say?

Edward: I knew that this would ruin it. I'm so stupid <banging his head on the wall>.

Alison: I'm just not ready for love. You have to know that.

Edward: I know me too but I was willing to take a chance if it was for you.

I started walking away from her house. I put my head down and started to crow but I was able to make a fake smile. Tears wanted to fall out but I was being a man and holding it in. I kept saying on my mind "I am so stupid, she would never like you.". I kept repeating those words until I got interrupted by Alison running at me and hugging me. For the first time, I actually feel like I have a chance to love.

Alison: Listen, I know that probably you changed your feelings right now but I need to say that I do like you.

Edward: I'm sorry but I don't like anymore..... Instead I love you.

I started to lean in but she put her index finger on my lips.

Alison: No kissing until the first date. Strict rules.

Edward: Damn! Would you like to go on a date with me?

Alison: I would love too.

Right as she said that she kissed me on the cheek and blushed really hard until I looked like a tomato. She ran to her house then opened her door. She looked back and mouthed "bye, I love you". At that time, I did my happy dance and started going back home. I ran to my room, slammed my door and started to sleep on my bed and hopefully, this wasn't a dream.