Chapter 15

Trey looked at me with that pained expression on his face, again. His eyebrows were knit together forming a concerned frown, his mouth pulled down that made him really look like he was in pain. What was wrong with him? What did he mean?  I was about to ask him, when he opened the car door, got out and closed it behind him, walking towards a big chalet. I decided to forget about it until later, and shook Wendy and Diego awake.

"Guys, we're here."

Diego yawned, stretching his long skinny arms.
"Finally!" He exclaimed.

We all got out of the car, and as I walked following in Trey's footsteps, sand crunched beneath my shoes. A mixture of sea sand  and grass scaled the ground, grass seeming to grow right out of the peach coloured sand. A big chalet stood in front of us, with a wall surrounding either side of it that stretched out on both sides for as far as we could see. This place was quite huge, but we weren't even on the lot yet. We walked towards the chalet, and when we got inside the lights seemed to blind us after we were used to driving in the dark for so long. The chalet had one room, which was admin for where we would be staying. Our getaway.

I got to the front desk, where a young man who looked about 25 with glasses sat. He looked extremely engrossed in a book, and had piles of books on his counter.

"You love to read, huh? " I asked him, smiling.

"No, I just have all these books for show." He said to me sarcastically, propping his face up with his hand resting on the counter.

I couldn't help but laugh. This man had personality at least! 

He smiled. "I'm Tony. I run this place, and you guys look fishy so I hope you behave yourselves!" he eyed us.

"Don't worry sir, you won't even know we're here! And we'd like it if we could just disappear  for awhile, you know? " I asked him, hoping he could relate to us, since he was young and all.

"Oh yes, I disappear into my books all the time. That's how I get my mind off running this place, it's pretty hard for me." he squints at me.

"Don't worry Mister. We won't make any trouble."

"That boy that walked in, he looked like a troublemaker. I'd keep an eye on him if I were you. But then again, you look just as naughty. " he laughed. "He already booked the chalet for you guys. Have fun! " he winked, and pointed to the glass double doors that led us onto the lot.

We got out, and there were alot of chalets on Sandy and grassy ground. The place was beautiful, with palms and a mini forest of trees that seemed to protect the place. There were lots of mini beach shops too, pizza places, and pools. We could hear the ocean waves crashing against the shore, but we couldn't see the ocean - there were trails to follow to get there. I wondered which chalet was ours, until I saw Trey standing outside one of the pizza places. He waved us over and smiled, declaring how hungry he was. I'd never understand this guy.

We sat at a booth, and we all stuffed out faces.
"Just one more piece! Please let me eat one more piece! Layla! "

"Trey, you've eaten 6 pieces of pizza. This isn't good for you!" I frowned at him, putting the last piece of pizza in my mouth.
"Its gone anyway! " I laughed.

"You're cruel." He said to me.

"Just looking out for your health, buddy."

"You should learn to let me do what I want." He eyed me.

"I can't, because you don't know how to deal with yourself."

He frowned. He knew I was right.

"I do, and I will. Hey guys, let's go skinny dipping."

Diego's eyes grew wide. He turned over to me and smiled, at the exact same time that Wendy asked "What?!!!"

"I meant night swimming!" He corrected, scared of the stare  Wendy gave him.

"Diego, why you getting excited?" I turned over to him.

"Hehe, I'm not getting excited." For a tan guy, his cheeks were turning pretty red.

The pool was gorgeous and our own private one,  outside our chalet which was surrounded by a thin bamboo wall to keep it separate from the outside. It seemed to be glowing in the dark, it was around 11pm now.  I pulled of my shorts and t-shirt, revealing my black bikini.

"Whoa!" Diego said, looking at me.

"What? "I asked him.

"You look nice." he smiled.

Trey smirked and shook his head.

He sat at the edge of the pool shirtless,  revealing his lean body. His abs were formed perfectly, making me want to run my hands across them... No. I couldn't do this. What am I even doing?

I did a cannon-ball, purposefully soaking Trey in water. He dived in after me, wrapping his arms around my waist and lifting me up out of the water.

"No! Put me down!" I laughed.

"Okay. If that's what you want." He said, and pulled me down into the water with him. We were underwater together, and he ran his hands down my back... I breathed in a huge gulp of air as I resurfaced, and Trey smiled at me. I couldn't help smiling back. What was that?

Diego and Wendy went inside, feeling cold. I was so warm right now. Trey noticed they were gone.
"Come here." He said to me.

I went to him without hesitation, and wrapped my arms around him as he did the same. I could hear his heart beating calmly in his chest. How does he do that? I'm sure my heart is beating at a million miles per hour.

"Do you like this? " he asked me.

"Yes. " I answered back.

"Why?"

Why? Why did I?  I wasn't about to admit anything. I had nothing to admit.

"Do you like this?" I asked him.

"Yes. I love the feel of you holding me. I love this."

I kept quiet. I didn't know what to say. Diego popped his head outside the sliding door. Trey and I let go immediately.

"You guys coming in? We're off to bed."

"Yeah, we coming." Trey said.

Diego went back inside.

I pulled away, walking to the steps of the pool. Trey grabbed my hand and pulled me back. He put his lips to my ear. "I don't want to love this. You shouldn't either."

He let me go, and I walked, not knowing what to think or feel. This was so confusing.

My heart and mind were at war.