Chapter 11

Okay okay. I know I said I'd post in batches but I've been super busy lately, so I'm just going to post single chapters when I can for the time being! I will be posting lots this week though, so don't worry ^_^ ! xo

The birds started tweeting. I opened my eyes, and realized I had fallen asleep again, after my mind wandered way too far. I looked over at Trey. He was awake, but still laying on the recliner. He lifted up our hands that were still in one another, and smirked.

"Guys! Are you awake?" Diego shouted.

"Well obviously we are now, since you decided to shout!" Wendy laughed.

"I think you guys should spend the weekend with us on our beach." Diego said, sitting up and looking at Trey and Wendy.

"This beach is mine and Wendy's too." Trey frowned. "I think we earned it, what with having to deal with you guys everyday."

"Hey, you're a handful too!" I said, punching him in the arm.

Trey looked at me.

"I don't get it, you hold my hand and then now you punch me! Girls can't make up their minds!"

I sat dead still. I didn't know what to say.

All of a sudden him and Diego burst out laughing. I didn't get the joke. But something in me felt sad...was holding my hand nothing meaningful to him? Wait. Did it mean something to me?? I don't think so. But then why I am thinking about it now?!

Forget this, I'm crazy.

I got up off the chair, and the light maroon blanket that was covering me fell on the balcony floor. I stretched my arms to the bright sun overhead.

"What ever shall we do today?" I asked, contemplating on how to spend the weekend.

"Maybe fix your hair because it makes you look like a hobo." Trey said, looking disgusted.

Typical asshole.

Suddenly, two surfers appeared in the ocean in front of us, riding the waves, and then falling hopelessly into the ocean, laughing.
I looked at my idiots.
They looked at me. We were all thinking the same thing.

*

Sure, I had a surfboard. But that didn't mean I had any idea on how to use it! Diego was useless, he had one too but only knew the bare minimum on how to surf. We still would have fun though...hopefully.

The boys made their way to Diego's house to change, and Wendy and I gathered the blankets and pillows from my balcony and brought them back inside. Ugh. We always clean up after those boys!

My parents weren't home for the weekend, they had left Wendy and I in charge of the house and I just wish I was the type to take advantage of such freedom, but I just couldn't.

What? Should I throw a house party? And invite who? The people in my school didn't click with me, and after the Moxie and Stacey incident, I tried to avoid as many people with their characteristics as possible. And plus, I had my close friends, why would I need anyone else? We weren't naughty....well, not the type of naughty that's dangerous. I hope.

Wendy and I had decided to wear full costumes and board shorts, because the sun was scorching outside and we didn't want to lose complexion! As we changed and loaded on the sunscreen, she looked at me.

"What?" I asked, rubbing sunscreen on my leg.

"What's on your mind?" She asked, a questioning look on her face.

Well, I didn't know. I wasn't even thinking anything. Is that possible?

"Nothing, literally!" I laughed.
"Hey!" I said to her - looking into the mirror that was in my closet - and used the sunscreen to make white tribal stripes under my eyes and on my face.