21. Crowley

21. Crowley

Let me make something clear: I liked playing dress up when I was a little girl. I especially liked it when I had my younger sister at my side. We'd always do little fashion shows and whatnot. But that was before I hit double digits.

I wasn't a fan of playing dress up now.

I wasn't in anything scandalous like you can imagine, just a simple evening gown, just like Jo. We were both made up, it was all part of the plan. How we got here was quite a story.

After the whole incident with Gabriel, Sam, Dean, and myself had somehow been summoned to a, and I couldn't believe it when I heard it, a Supernatural convention. As in, there were books that were based on the boys' lives. The man behind the books was a very lanky man named Chuck, who, I found out, was a prophet of the lord. Of course, only Sam, Dean, and Cas, and possibly a few others I didn't know knew this big piece of information. It was still hard to wrap my head around.

Long story short, turned out the place where the convention was had a real haunting. What made it worse was that the violent spirits were little boys who loved to use big knives. So, when that situation got solved, a rabid fan by the name of Becky (who for some reason looked at me with the most intense look of hatred I'd ever seen on anyone) had given us some crucial information that I, of course, didn't know about. Supposedly, there was this all powerful gun called the Colt, with bullets that could supposedly kill anything. Its current owner was a demon by the name of Crowley, who'd received the gun from a certain woman by the name of Bela Talbot. I'd gotten the (mostly) full catch up between Sam and Dean behind the questions I had about Becky's story.

So, the Supernatural convention led to this plan. Our mission: to get the Colt from this Crowley guy so that it could be used to take out Lucifer and solve all our problems. Cas had been sent on scouting duty, which led us to this mansion. He wasn't going to be able to extract the gun himself, which was where Jo and I came in. We'd get the gates open and take out the security measures. Sounded easy enough, right?

"Don't be nervous," Jo told me as we approached the intercom of the gate. "Just follow my lead."

"I'm not nervous," I said lowly. "I'm not a big fan of this dress."

"It's worth the discomfort." She pressed the button on the intercom.

"Hello?" came the voice.

"Hello," I said shakily. "Our car broke down. We—we need some help."

"I'll be down in a minute."

I bounced lightly in place as Jo and I waited. The voice didn't sound suspicious of us.

I backed up as the gates opened, two men approached us. I looked at Jo, a bit nervous. One for each of us.

"Evening, pretty ladies," said the first man. "Get yourselves on in here."

"We just need to make a call," said Jo.

"You don't need to call anyone, baby." He glanced at his partner. "We're the only help you're ever gonna need."

"You know what?" I said suddenly. "I think we should wait by the car."

Jo and I turned, and we were both turned right back around, knocking shoulders in the process. I hid my fear as my guy's eyes were pitch black. Demon eyes. Keep calm. They'll get taken care of.

"We said," said the first man, who had Jo by the shoulder, "get your asses in here."

Jo shook her man loose, and I jumped away as my guy had a bloody knife protruding from his neck. As the body fell, I threw Sam a grateful smile. He then turned the knife on the first demon, killing him as well.