Chapter 14

Lucy's POV

"Assassins?!" I murmur.

Are you kidding me?! That's impossible, everyone that works for Sting is extremely loyal to him. They wouldn't utter a secret to anyone about him; not even for a million dollars.

"That's ridiculous. No one that works for him would side with his enemy." I convey.

"We're not siding with you, we're warning you. Even if we're loyal we know the difference between fair and unfair." Gray scoffed.

Levy was silent studying the both of them, "I'm sorry but this is unreal, if Jude wanted a heiress to his kingdom he should've just adopted another child that looked like him or started another family with another women that he loves." Levy adds and I agreed.

Both assassins pursed there mouths shut. They only knew about the mission not the details of the agreement. We shouldn't keep questioning them.

"Are you going to fight alongside Jude and Sting?" I asked.

"We don't know the answer to that yet..." Juvia stammered.

"I see..."

"We shouldn't be here any longer, he would find us. We'll be taking our leave, farewell." Gray said and disappeared alongside Juvia.

"Well that was.. Unexpected." Levy mutters.

I exhaled as I thought about my father and his ridiculous plan. He was putting innocent men at risk into a fight with someone claiming there "not human". Although, Sting also has Gray and Juvia which there not human as well.

What was Natsu and Gajeel planning? Are they really thinking of going against Sting? Furthermore, my father. I didn't want them getting hurt because of my stupid decision of running away... Despite the fact that it was him telling me to run, to leave and never go back.

Understanding my father is like trying to talk to a baby. He says one thing then complains saying he wants it back. If there's anyone that needs to grow up its him.

"Lu-chan, will you also be fighting?" I heard Levy ask.

"I have no clue..." I answered.

I honestly didn't know what to do. If my father wanted me back all these years he shouldn't have told me to run from the kingdom... and if he really wanted me to be a good daughter and choose a prince, he should give me time to grow up and explore myself before I go to love another man.

That goes to say you can't love someone else without loving yourself. But what would my father know about that...