First Sight

I felt my way through the halls of this forsaken bunker and managed to arrive at the exit unscathed, however one of my fellow survivors was following me. He just watched me as i moved, followed my every foot step, and just smiled. As i began my first step to the surface, however, he lounged at me tackled me, and both of us fell to the ground outside this "haven".

This was the first time i had seen the sun in a million years! He, it, however; did not like it. he quickly hissed, flared his two fangs and ran back into the dark sanctuary. "did he? is he? what the hell?" ran through my mind. "what is he? it? what? where did those fangs come from?"

That was when the suns first rays showered onto my body. The pain, the agony! Oh how i wished it to flood away, yet it terrorized me for hours! I felt my body turn to dust cell by cell, my throat burning as though it alone held all of hell, my eyes melted to the back of my skull. Oh how i wished i never left the forsaken place!

i had passed out after enduring what felt like a week of pain but all it took was three hours.

What happened to me? Is this normal for someone whose eyes know not the sun? I saw my hands turn black then red before engulfing in flames! Was that an illusion?

I quickly got up collected my stuff, got up, and looked around. I could've sworn this was a city when i last entered this demon den. It is now a dense jungle, at least i think it is. Are trees supposed to be made of concrete for trunks and and stones for leaves? and if this was man made, why would anyone make a concrete tree jungle?

No one knew the answers to that, at least no one I know. so i slung my bag onto my back and headed deep into this new world.