27 .

b r o o k e

I'm freaking out. I promised Harry and his family that I wasn't going to kill humans anymore for an invalid reason. I promised them but I broke that promise. It's been fifteen days since I promised that and I just killed a lot of people. Like five or so. But that's because they were all beating up this innocent guy and they were killing him. So I decided to take over this. The bad thing is that I killed them in the city but in this little path. I was literally freaking out and I was crying. I obviously got rid of the bodies really fast before anyone saw. I didn't want to call Harry because I knew he would be mad at me, I didn't know who to call. My mom. I got my phone out as I was shaking of fear and I dialed her number. I waited for an answer, I was desperate to hear her voice since I haven't seen her in almost a month or so. She's the only one I can trust right now since she knows I'm a vampire.

"Hello?" Mom finally answered. My eyes widened as I was still crying. My mascara was even running.

"Mom!" I yelled. "Thank god.. I did something terrible!"

"What did you do?" Mom asked.

"I-I... Just please come pick me up, please!" I yelled. "I'll be at the sidewalk!"

"Okay, you're in luck because I'm in the car right now. What store are nearby?"

"Uh," I stood up and ran to the sidewalk. I looked at the store next to me. "It's Dash."

"Okay, I'm almost there. Hang on." Mom said. I hung up, looked at the road, and saw a car approaching towards me. I recognized the red pastel color of the car and knew that it was my mom. I got in the car and sighed. "So what the hell just happened?"

"You're going to think I'm the worst person ever.." I whispered and scoffed.

"You're my daughter, I will always love you no matter what. Like when you told me you were a vampire? I still see you as my daughter." Mom smiled as she drove to her house. "What happened?"

"Have you heard that Scott is, uh, missing?" I asked and licked my lips.

"Yeah. I'm so worried about him. The police tell me if they've found him yet or not." Mom responded, stopped the car, and looked at me with her eyebrows furrowed.

"I know why he's missing.." I whispered, tears streaming down my face. "I killed him.."

My mother covered her mouth and widened her eyes as if she didn't know me anymore. I looked at her and her eyes got watery.

"I also killed Veronica." I continued. "And I killed Vicky, this girl that kissed Harry, and I killed five people about thirty minutes ago."

"Why would you do such thing?" Mom asked.

"It was for revenge.. And I promised Harry and his family that I wouldn't kill anyone else anymore for revenge. But I did it again, but this time it was for a good reason. They were hurting someone. Those people were hurting an innocent man and I let him go but I killed the other ones." I explained. My mom was speechless and was looking down the whole time. "Mother, say something.. Please.."

"Get out." Mom whispered. "I won't tell anyone your secret or that you killed eight people but just get out. You're not the Brooke I know, you're not my daughter anymore."

I tried to hold in the knot on my throat because if I didn't, I would just start to cry.

"Well.." I whispered and looked down. "I guess I don't have a mom anymore."

I got down and shut the door of the car. My mom drove away as I walked all by myself towards the woods. I was so sad, so sad that my mom didn't want me anymore. I was sad that she thought I was crazy. I was just doing her a favor by killing them. I was sad that she didn't love me anymore.

"Brooke!" I heard Harry's voice coming towards me as he ran. He came up to me and hugged me so tight. He hugged me so tight that he warmed my heart. He made me feel better. I let out the knot that I had in my throat since my mom told me I'm not her daughter anymore. I started to cry and hugged him tight. I cried in his shoulders and left a big stain on his shirt.

"I'm so sorry!" I said as I cried. "I'm sorry for being the worst girlfriend ever, I'm so sorry for breaking the promise. I feel so bad! What have I done, Harry? What have I done? You're probably going to leave me too but I don't blame you, I'm the worst girlfriend ever."

"Hey, Brooke. It's going to be okay. I know you killed five people tonight but you did it for a good reason. You saved a life tonight." Harry whispered and kissed me on the cheek. "You're the best girlfriend ever and I'm not going to leave you. Why do you say that?"

"After I killed those people.." I said as I looked at him. "I called my mom because I thought you were going to be so mad at me. And I've told my mom everything that I've done and she said 'get out. You're not my daughter anymore.'"

"Aw, love." Harry hugged me once again and kissed my forehead. "Don't worry, you're mom still loves you."

"She doesn't.." I whispered. "I heard her thoughts."

"It's going to be okay, baby." Harry whispered and rested his chin on my shoulder. "I still love you no matter what.. It just hurts me so much to see you like this."

Harry looked at me and wiped away my tears with his thumbs. My eyes took a while to adjust because of all the tears covering them up. Then, I saw Harry looking at me with a smile.

"My mascara is running.." I scoffed and wiped it away. "I'm sorry. It's gross."

"You're beautiful." Harry smiled as he looked down at me. I looked at him and half-smile.

"Why are you crying?" I asked.

"I don't like seeing you like this." Harry shook his head. "It breaks my heart."

"Thank you." I said. "Thank you for still being with me after everything that's happened. I really expected more from my mom though."

"I-"

"Love you." I finished his sentence. "I love you so much, Harry. Thank you."

I hugged him once again and sighed.

"Let me carry you home, baby girl." Harry whispered. "I'm going to make you happy once again tonight."