5 .

h a r r y

Can I make it more obvious that I'm a vampire? Brooke is really starting to notice. She thinks something weird is happening and it's all my fault. Should I just tell her that I'm a vampire? No because they my whole family would be so mad at me. I just need to know that I can trust her.

Brooke kept on hanging around me for the next two weeks. I couldn't control my thirst anymore. So I told William, my foster dad.

"William.." I said.

"Yes?" William asked.

"There's this girl at school and we're always like hanging out.." I furrowed my eyebrows and proceeded. "I don't know if I can control my thirst any longer. I really don't want to hurt her."

"So what do you want to do?" William asked.

"I want to go to the next lever." I replied and looked at him.

"Okay, Harry. Us vampires can still reproduce if it's with a human." William explained. "There's a possibility that you could get her pregnant with a child who's going to bring various consequences to this fam-"

"No, I'm not talking about sex." I shook my head. "I'm talking about the next level of controlling my thirst."

"You sure about that?" William asked. I hesitated and then nodded. "Well if you're willing to take that chance, you must really like this girl but you have to miss school tomorrow so I can help you with your thirst. Okay?"

"Okay." I nodded.

"Now. Go to school." William smiled. "You're going to be late."

I grabbed my backpack and walked out of the house. I was walking to school and then I found Brooke on the way.

"Hello." I said as I came in next to her.

Brooke jumped of fear and laughed when she saw me, "Oh. You scared me."

"Why do you walk to school?" I asked.

"Because my parents go to work." Brooke sighed. "I've been here for a month and I'm still not used to the New York weather."

"Are you going to that trip to Paris for French class?" I asked.

"When is it? In two weeks?" Brooke scoffed. "I still need to ask my parents. Are you going?"

"Yeah." I replied. "What's the whole point of going anyway?"

"To learn about Paris and their culture." Brooke said.

"It's been weeks since we haven't skipped. You want to skip today?" I asked. "We have all of our boring classes anyway."

"I can't, I have a test in biology." Brooke then stopped in front of me. "We can meet in your hiding place at free period, yeah?"

"Sure." I shrugged. I kept on walking but Brooke stopped walking as she looked at her phone, she was paralyzed. "Uh, you okay?"

Brooke kept on looking at her phone and then she sniffed, "I'm fine.."

I walked up to her and looked at her. She was about to cry.

"You're not fine." I furrowed my eyebrows. "You're crying.. Why?"

Brooke showed me her phone and I read through the message slowly.

"People are sending me death threats.. Literally, what's so wrong about hanging out with you?" Brooked sighed and walked up to her locker.

"I-I need to tell you something.." I stuttered and looked down. "Come with me."

I led her to the my secret hiding place and we both went inside.