4 .

b r o o k e

To be honest, Harry did scare me when he said that he's not what people say he is. He was pretty dead serious. Since that day, I started to sit with Harry every day in lunch. Kristen kept on being my friend but didn't talk to me as much. Everyone literally thought I was crazy. How can I be crazy for hanging out with a guy? Harry's not that bad. He's just really bipolar but I don't mind.

I was walking down the hallway listening people whisper about me. Then, these jocks passed by me and pushed me against the locker which made all of my books fall.

"What are you going to do?" One yelled. "Get your creepy ass boyfriend?"

Then, they all started laughing. Harry saw me and I saw that he was mad. But the jocks were gone. He bent down and helped me up.

"Jerks." Harry rolled his eyes. "You okay?"

"I'm fine." I smiled and kept on walking.

"This is exactly why I didn't want you to start talking to me." Harry sighed. "I don't want this to happen to you."

"I don't care." I laughed. "They can push me all they want, it's not going to make me stop talking to you."

"No. I can't see this happen to you anymore. I'm sorry, but we can't be friends." Harry said.

"Harry, c'mon." I scoffed.

"I'm sorry. I can't see you get bullied because of me and besides, I don't want to hurt you."

"How are you- Harry!" I yelled across the hallway as he walked away. Great, now I have no friends.

At lunch, Harry was sitting by himself. I really wanted to sit with him but he doesn't want to be friends with me. I looked around and I didn't know where to sit.

"Food fight!" A guy yelled and started throwing food at me. Then, everyone started throwing food at me. Even Ariana. Kristen was just laughing, laughing like if I deserved it. Harry was just looking at me with sympathy. He wanted to do something about it but he couldn't because we're not friends. I ran to the restroom and started crying. Everyone literally hates me. For taking to a guy? That's bullshit! I looked at myself in the mirror and my shirt was covered up with food. Even my hair. I didn't care about that right now. I barely have a week and a half here and I'm already getting bullied.

"They hate you because you're new." Harry popped out of nowhere.

"What are you doing here?" I asked and wiped the tears off of my face. "It's the girl's restroom."

"I don't care." Harry shrugged. "Are you crying?"

"What do you think?" I asked and sniffed.

"Come on, I'll take you home." Harry whispered.

"I thought we weren't friends anymore." I scoffed. "I'll just go home by myself, just don't talk to me anymore."

I got out of the restroom with my backpack and walked out of the school. Everyone was staring at me as I walked home because I was covered with food. That doesn't make any sense. Do they hate me because I talk to Harry or because I'm new?

I got home and shut the door. I leaned against the door and kept on crying. Then, my dad came.

"Brooke?" He asked. "What's wrong? Why are you crying? Why are you covered in food? Who did this to you? What happened?"

I stood up and sighed, "Everyone hates me because I talk to this guy and everyone thinks he's weird. So they think I'm crazy for talking to him. How's that bad?"