14 .

b r o o k e

"Mom, I don't want to make this even more awkward but it's a way to kill the silence." I said and looked at my mom. "I know you and dad are getting a divorce."

Mom sighed, "I'm sorry, he's just always coming late to the house. He's always making up dumb excuses but I don't believe him. I know he's cheating on me. He has to be."

"Mom..." I whispered and sat next to her on the couch. "He is."

"How do you know?" Mom looked at me.

"I found her in his phone and she's pregnant. He's the father." I looked down and then looked at her. My mother was speechless. "I'm sorry, mom."

"I just need some time to think.." Mom stood up and walked to her room.

After that, I had to go with Harry to go meet his family. He was already outside to pick me up.

"Sorry I'm late. I was talking to my mom about dad and all." I said as I went outside.

"I understand." Harry smiled and held my hand as we walked together. "You okay?"

"Not really but I have to pretend, you know?" I laughed nervously and leaned on my shoulder.

"Hey, it's going to be okay." Harry touched my back and looked at me. I nodded and smiled awkwardly. "We haven't kissed in a while, Brooke."

"What do you mean?" I laughed. "We kiss all of the time."

"Yeah but it's been a while." Harry said. To be honest, I'm kind of scared to kiss Harry. Not because he's a vampire or anything but because I'm afraid that I'm not a good kisser.

"We'll kiss later but not right now." I laughed nervously. "Your family must be waiti-"

Harry grabbed me and kissed me right away, taking the words out of my mouth.

"Stop worrying about how good of a kisser you are because to me, you're an excellent kisser." Harry whispered.

///////

Harry took me to the woods but then I remembered that he lives around here or so he told me.

"Wow, there's a lot of steam here." I said as I tripped over a rock. Harry got me and laughed.

"You want to go for an adventure?" Harry grinned and looked at me with his golden eyes.

I furrowed my eyebrows but didn't say anything.

"I'll take that as a yes." Harry smiled and got me on his back.

"A piggy back ride is the adventure?" I asked and held onto his shoulders.

"Hold on tight." Harry said.

"Whatever." I rolled my eyes and held on tight. Harry started to run and jump. Basically, he used all of his vampire abilities on me. It was pretty fun. He ran so fast, I could feel the wind blowing hard on my face and hair.

"How's this for an adventure?" Harry asked as he still ran. I laughed and held on tightly.

"This is unbelievable!" I yelled as he climbed up to a tree. Then, he jumped down and kept on running.

"This is me." Harry sighed and put me down.

"Whoa, massive house." I whispered and looked around.

"Let's go in." Harry walked with me to the front door and opened it. We went in as I still looked around.

"Human in the house!" A woman yelled from the kitchen.