26 .

h a r r y

I want to marry Brooke, not because I want to have sex with her but because I'm like deeply in love with her. Even if we've only been together for a couple of months, I know she's the one. I know she's the one because I can see the future but sometimes the future I see could be conceivable which means it could change. I've seen that Brooke and I are getting married. Anna tells me if it's really going to happen and nothing is going to change that. I asked Anna if it's going to happen and at first she didn't want to tell me but then I read her mind. It's going to happen. Personally, it doesn't matter how long you've been together. What matters is how much you love each other.

"Brooke, would you get married with me?" I asked. "This is not a proposal but if I were to ask you, would you?"

"We've been together for what? Three or two months?" Brooke asked. "Don't you think it's a bit early?"

"I mean, do you care if it's about how long we've been together?" I asked.

"No but if we get married right now, we're not going to be ready." Brooke replied. "I think we need to spend a lot more time together."

"Okay." I shrugged and walked away.

"Wait," Brooke said which made me stop and turn around. "You want to get married to me, right? That's why you asked me."

"I do. I told you last week, remember?" I asked.

"I didn't think you were serious." Brooke scoffed.

"I want to be with your forever." I smiled. Brooke shook her head and looked down.

"I don't think I'm really looking forward to getting married. I love you but I'm not ready for this kind of step. If we get married, we're taking a huge step." Brooke scoffed. "Things could change in a matter of time."

"You're not in love with me, are you?" I asked.

"I love you but I haven't fallen in love with you yet, you know?" Brooke asked. "You're so in love with me and I love that. But I don't know what falling in love feels like and I haven't gotten that feeling yet."

"You know what?" I scoffed. "I need some time to think. I'm going out."

//////

Harry was gone for about four hours and I was getting worried. I don't want him to get mad at me for not wanting to get married to him just yet. It's too early, we have like two months together. Besides, he didn't exactly propose. I just said if he were to ask me right now, I would say that we need more time.

"Hey, you know where Harry went?" I asked Anna as she sat down. She widened her eyes and looked down.

"I-I don't know." She stuttered. I squinted my eyes and tried to read her mind but she wasn't thinking anything although I knew she was lying.

"He's with another girl.." I said as I finally read her mind. "They are walking together right now in the city. I'm going to find him. Oh, you know what? Maybe two can play this game."

I ran out of the house and ran to where Evan lives. When I got to the city, I walked like a normal person. I knocked on Evan's door.

"Brooke?" He smiled. "What are you doing here? I haven't seen you in forever. Wow, you changed a lot. Why'd you drop out of school? What has happened?"

"Let's go out for a walk and I'll tell your everything, yeah?" I asked. Evan smiled and got out of the house. "I dropped out of school because I couldn't handle it anymore. Too much stress, I live with Harry now since my parents got divorced. My dad got his mistress pregnant and after that, he died. Then, his mistress got a miscarriage and then she died also."