22 .

b r o o k e

At middle of the night while Harry was in the restroom, I left. I went back to the Patterson's house since they're all dead. I went back and went to the basement. I opened the door and turned on the lights.

"Get us out of here!" Someone yelled.

I sighed and bent down to a cage, "I'm getting you out of here, alright?"

"Thank you so much." A woman said. I opened it and she got out.

"Just wait, I'll lead you guys out." I said. I opened all of the cages until everyone was out. I haven't learned how to control my thirst but I controlled it around these poor people. "Okay, let's get out of here."

I went upstairs and led them out of the house.

"How are we supposed to find our way out of these woods?" Someone asked.

"Don't worry, I'll lead you." I smiled. I had to walk like a normal person but I wanted to run. I walked in front of all of them leading them out of the woods while they were all in a huddle cuddling because it was pretty cold. "We're in the city now. So you could all just go your separate ways."

"Thank you." They kept on telling me as they passed by me.

"Your welcome." I smiled and finally walked away. As I disappeared into the woods, I started to run fast but then I bumped into Harry.

"Where'd you go?" Harry asked.

"I went to go release the humans." I looked down. "I couldn't let them stay there and rot to death."

"You did something good." Harry smiled. "I'm proud of you."

"We have to burn the house." I sighed and walked to the Patterson's house.

"Why?" Harry asked.

"The police will come because they are going to ask those questions to the victims." I explained and looked at Harry. "Pass me a torch."

"We don't have a lighter though." Harry said as he handed me a torch.

"Well how are we going to burn it? We need fire." I said. Once I said that, the torch lit it up with fire. "Shit! What the hell? Did you do that?"

"No." Harry shook his head.

"Who did that?" I asked. "It was after I said that. Let's try it again. Pass me another torch."

Harry threw it at me as I caught it. I looked at it and sighed, "Fire.."

It didn't light up. I furrowed my eyebrows and looked at Harry.

"I think you have to look at it and concentrate, babe." Harry explained.

I looked at the torch and concentrated. I tried once again, "Fire."

The torch lit up with fire. I laughed and looked at Harry.

"I think that's your new power." Harry laughed and came next to me. "You hold that torch, I'll hold this one. We'll both burn the house in the count of three, okay? One... Two..."

I threw the torch to the house and sighed.

"It was supposed to be on the count of three, Brooke." Harry said. I rolled my eyes and took the torch from him.

"Stop being such a pussy and just throw it." I said. I threw the torch to the house as it caught on fire. Then, I ran off back to the house.

h a r r y

Brooke looks all happy with her new life. But I know she's sad from the inside, she's broken. When I got to my house, she was in my room sitting on the floor and leaning against the wall. She was looking down. I sighed and sat next to her.