Chapter 63: The big question

Riley woke up to an empty house. She sleepily walked down the stairs to find her favorite breakfast of pancakes and fruit with a glass of apple juice. Riley smiled and sat down knowing who would have left the plate. There was a note next to the plate. It read: 

Good morning my love. Today is going to be a wonderful day. Remember when we had our first mission together? I hope you do because I remember the crazy things we did. Go to where we met and talked about this event. There will be your next clue. See you soon my love. -Ezekiel 

Riley smiled at his sweet words and his clue. She knew where to go. Riley finished off her plate and ran upstairs to shower. After she did she put on a pair of skinny jeans, a white tank top with buttons, her black leather jacket, then her black army style boots. She ran towards the woods hoping to find Ezekiel there but at their spot was only a small box. Riley opened it and inside was a key chain of a motorcycle and his green cast. There was another letter at the bottom and she opened it and anxiously started to read.

So, you have figured out my first clue. I recall when I woke up after the accident and saw the most beautiful face in the world. Yours. In the hospital is where we did do much together. Go there now and let the day roll on. I love you. - Ezekiel

Riley now knew something was going to happen today and it was going to be big. Riley slowly walking to the hospital since it wasn't a far walk. Once she got there she walked up to the nurses station. Where she found her next note was written on the back of a Granny's dinner napkin. Classy  Riley thought to herself. The napkin read:

Go to Granny's where we had our first date here. There you will find some company to eat with. Enjoy. - Ezekiel 

Riley ran to the dinner as fast as she could. Riley flung open the door expecting to see Ezekiel but it was her family instead. Slightly disappointed she slowed down and walked. All of her family members hugged her tightly. 

"What's wrong? You guys never hug me like that." Riley said as she looked at them all very oddly.

"Oh, umm nothing. Everything is fine we are just happy you have returned." Emma tried to fib. 

"Sure, but come on let's eat I'm starving." Riley admitted.

Looking over and Riley saw there was already lasagna sitting on the table. The same food Riley and Ezekiel ate the first time they ate here. They all started to eat and Riley kept on a look out for Ezekiel. 

"So Riley, how has your day been?" Snow asked.

"It's been fine, just trying to figure out what's going on here." Riley explained. 

"You'll know soon dear." Snow said as she started to get tears in your eyes. 

Riley now very confused turned to her sister Emma as she tapped Riley on her shoulder. 

"Yes Emma?" Riley asked quietly. 

"Here is your next clue." Emma said as she handed Riley a small box. 

"Thanks, Em." Riley said as she opened the small package. 

Inside was a xbox game cover. Call of Duty to be exact. Riley knew where to go before she even had to read the note but she read it anyways. 

Riley, my beautiful Riley. Zak was apart of my family. Go to the home that I shared with him and that you when to so many times when things got bad. There you will find something special. I cannot wait to see you tonight. Till then I bid fare well. - Ezekiel

Riley ran to his house and knocked on the door. Ezekiel's mother opened the door and she as well tightly hugged her. 

"Hey, how are you?" Riley asked Aurora who was holding her son. 

"I am wonderful dear. Thank you for asking." Aurora responded and handed Riley another present. 

"I have gotten more presents today than I have ever gotten in my whole life." Riley giggled as she opened it. 

Inside was that navy blue lace dress Riley had worn on their first date here. Then she found the note.

Riley you looked beautiful when you wore this. I remember how you looked when you wore this. Go to where we walked that night and you will find one of the clues. Oh and go change into this darling. Forever and always. - Ezekiel

Riley walked into the bathroom and changed and then she did her hair just how he likes it. Then she walked to the docks. After looking at the ships for Ezekiel she saw a small ship in a bottle. The was glowing so Riley threw it into the water. It grew into a huge ship before her eyes. Then she saw a message on the ship. 

Meet me at the line. - Ezekiel

Riley took off toward the line and the sun was setting. It was close to dark when she arrived and Ezekiel was there in a suit looking handsome as ever. He smiled when he saw her and Riley smiled back. 

"Hey you look beautiful." Ezekiel told her.

"You look handsome as ever." Riley smiled.

Then Ezekiel took her left hand and got on one knee. Riley shocked and didn't saw anything. 

"Riley Mason. You are beautiful and you still take my breath away. I don't know what I'd do without you. When I thought I lost you my life shattered. I had nothing left. You are intelligent, witty, the most wonderful person I have met by far. I know we are young still but i just don't want to ever lose you. So will you marry me?" Ezekiel asked with a sparkle in his eyes. 

Riley was shocked. She was only seventeen. Thoughts raced through Riley's head then she smiled and found the courage to muster one word. 

"Yes." Riley spoke quietly. 

Meanwhile back at the docks. Someone was emerging from the boat that Riley had put into the water. Things were about to get interesting.