Chapter 39: Neal

Snow and Charming were in bed. They were asleep for a few hours till they heard their youngest daughter screaming. They both ran to her bed and shook her awake. Riley woke up and she was sweating and was breathing hard. 

"What happened? Are you okay?" Snow asked as she pulled Riley in for a hug. 

"I'm sorry I woke you. I keep having these nightmares." Riley said as she rested her head on her mother's shoulder. 

"What are these's nightmares about?" Charming asked as he stood there with his arms crossed. 

"It's.. Just don't worry about it." Riley said. 

"Riley, we are your parents, we should know." Charming said. 

"I just don't want to talk about it." Riley said.

        Snow gave Charming a warning look to back off. Then they both went to bed. After some time had passed Riley texted Ezekiel and then Riley snuck out of the house. She went to Ezekiel's building then she waited outside him door then Ezekiel answered. 

"Ready?" Ezekiel asked. 

"Yeah, I'm ready." Riley responded. 

        Ezekiel lead her back down the steps and he placed his backpacks on his shoulders. They ran into the woods. They stayed out there for hours. No one knew there were out there and they had to keep it that way or else they could be busted. 

"Alright we have to go or they could catch us." Riley said as she held his hand and lead him outside of the woods. 

"Yeah, Same tomorrow night?" Ezekiel asked.

"Yes." Riley responded then she ran to her home and started to make breakfast for everyone. 

        Emma was the first one up and she came and joined her sister for breakfast. They ate in silence for a long time and then Riley spoke up. 

"How are things with you and the pirate?" Riley asked casually. 

"Good, we have been going on dinners and all that stuff. It's been fun." Emma responded.

"Now, I have a question for you. Also be honest." Riley asked. 

"Sure." Emma said as she looked at Riley. 

"Mica told me yesterday that me and Ezekiel were going to get married. Do you believe this is true?" Riley asked. 

"Well you are seventeen and he is eighteen but yes. Riley you have been together for like five years. He loves you and you love him just the same." Emma said slightly take aback from the question. 

"I also think you two will get married in the not to far away future." Snow said as she was getting her breakfast. 

"I want that, there just things we have to work out." Riley sighted. 

"Like?" Emma asked. 

"Life goals. We are not sure we can make out life happen here." Riley said looking at the table. 

"So you are thinking of leaving?" Snow asked shocked.

"Not for a while. I don't want too. Not yet." Riley reassured them. 

"Just don't let us hold you back." Emma said. 

        Riley smiled and Snow went to go wake Charming up. Riley had promised Mica that she would take her on a ride on her motorcycle. So Riley left to do that. Emma went to the station to do her job of course. Snow invited Charming to go to the woods with her. Charming accepted quickly because he was afraid of Zelena getting their baby. Charming drove them to the edge of the woods then they went to go on a hike. Snow stopped him half way through seeing a foot print that look an awful lot like their daughter's. They saw that the foot prints and noticed a second set. They weren't sure what was going on but they were going to find out. Snow stopped and her and Charming sat down. 

"What do we go about Zelena?" Snow asked.

"I don't know. Maybe send her away for a few days. You could have the baby in Boston or New York maybe." Charming suggested. 

        There was a rustle in the bushes and the surrounding area. Charming drew him sword and was on alert. Snow watched and then she saw a woman figure pop up. Zelena approached them and she stopped. 

"Have you decided what child you will give me?" Zelena asked. 

"We would never give our children to a monster like yourself." Charming replied. 

"Oh that is just to bad for your precious wife then." Zelena laughed as a ball of green formed in her hand. 

        Just as Zelena was about to hit Snow, Neal jumped in front of her. Zelena disappeared. Neal was trying to breath but he couldn't. Snow was in tears as she tried to comfort him but it was to late. Neal was gone. Charming and Snow caled for a town meeting and told them the news. Emma, Belle, Rumple, and Henry were all in tears. Snow felt awful. Riley just got up and left. Ezekiel went after here. Riley was about to take off on her motorcycle when Ezekiel stopped her. 

"What are you doing Ri?" Ezekiel asked. 

"I have to find this witch. My family is upset and this witch just wants me and if it's me she wants she can have it." Riley told him. 

"I can't lose you Riley. We will figure this out a different way." Ezekiel said as he took her keys. 

"Fine." Riley said then she walked off. 

        Snow and Charming came out and saw Ezekiel standing there alone. 

"What happened?" Charming asked. 

"She was going to sacrifice herself to Zelena to save everyone." Ezekiel said. 

"Is that where she is?" Snow asked now alarmed. 

"No, least I don't think so. I did take her keys though." Ezekiel said as he gave Charming her keys. 

        Snow and Charming went home and found Riley comforting Emma and Henry. They had dinner and was quiet most the night. After dinner Riley went to her parents. 

"Can I stay at Ezekiel's" Riley asked. 

"Why?" A protective Charming asked. 

"Because I got mad at him earlier and I want to go over and just be with him." Riley said. 

"Sure just don't come back like your mother." Charming said. 

        Riley laughed then she packed her bags and went outside. She walked to Ezekiel's apartment. He opened the door when Riley was half way through apologizing when Ezekiel kissed her. 

"I know what you were feeling. No need to be sorry sweetheart." Ezekiel said as he grabbed him backpack. 

"I love you." Riley said as she laced their fingers together. 

"Ready?" Ezekiel asked. 

"Yeah, I'm ready." Riley responded. Then they went to the woods trying to find the answers they despertly wanted and craved.