Chapter 46: Stopped

Riley woke up the next morning. She blinked a couple times and unlocked her phone. Riley got a text from Charlotte and after she read it it felt like the world had stopped. Riley threw her clothes and anything she would need into her backpack. She ran down the steps and missed the last step and fell right on her face.

"Oww!" Riley said as her mother helped her up.

"Riley are you okay?" Snow asked.

"I'm fine I have to go out of town. Raven was in a accident." Riley said in a panic.

"Who's Raven?" Snow asked as she stared hard at her.

"One of my two best friends. Known her longer than I've know you." Riley said as she ran out the door.

Snow sat there and felt hurt. She knew Riley was worried and in a panic. Yet she knew it was true. Riley had know her friends longer than her and that seemed like a crime. Her daughter didn't know her hardly. They had only know Riley for three years. In that time she was gone for a long time. Snow felt like crying. She knew she had failed at being the mother Riley longed for and needed.

Riley ran to Ezekiel's apartment and knocked on the door. Aurora opened the door with baby Philip in her arms.

"Riley! How nice to see you. What can I do for you?" Aurora asked sweetly as usual.

"Can I see Ezekiel please? Something happened." Riley said as she was walked in the home.

Ezekiel rose to his feet and lead Riley to his bedroom. Riley started to cry as he closed the door. Ezekiel took her into his arms as Riley cried into his shoulder. He set her in his lap and looked at her. Ezekiel gently brushed the tears from her cheeks.

"What happened?" Ezekiel asked quietly.

"Raven was in an accident and it's bad. Charlie sent me the details. She got hit in the front of the car and her head is awful. And her leg had emergency surgery." Riley said as she looked at him.

"I'll go with you down there." Ezekiel told her.

"No I want to go alone for a while. Come and see me in three days." Riley said as she stood up.

"But you just got back." Ezekiel said as he stood up as well.

"I know but please trust me on this." Riley said as she pulled him into a hug.

"Alright I trust you." Ezekiel said as he kissed her and then he let her go.

"I love you." Riley whispered as she left.

Riley got on her bike and left town as fast as she could. It took her forty-five minutes to get to the hospital from where she was. Once she arrived she was Charlie in tears. Riley walked up to her and pulled her into a hug.

"Your here." Charlotte said as she hugged back.

"I came as soon as I could. You can sleep I'll go in a stay with her." Riley said as she started into the room.

"Okay but be warned. She looks bad. Might be hard to see." Charlotte warned Riley.

Riley nodded and walked into the room. Charlie was right she thought. Raven did look awful. Her face was swollen and bruised. Her leg was in a cast. Raven was in a coma. Riley sat down and just watched her for hours. She did nothing else but watch her friend. Nurses came in and gave her meds. Some told Riley she would be okay but they all looked worried as they said it. Riley knew deep down that her friend may not make it and that there was nothing she could do. Riley just wanted to talk to her one last time. She was always there. Raven never gave up on Riley but now Raven was giving up on herself.